Umbral Attendant since LU20, Silent Nerf?

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-Onz, Feb 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Onz Guest

Umbral Attendant was either nerfed or is broken.

Myself and another Mystic in guild tested this spell and the pet would only ever have 2 rounds of heals. If I remember correctly, the pet previously had at least 5-6 rounds of heals. Can other Mystics confirm?

Ceoin
    Guk
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

I only used mine once last night, but he did disappear rather quickly. I was fighting a multiple mob encounter though so thought one of the mobs had killed him.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tabue Guest

actually, this occured a few days ago, or at least that is when i noticed it. and not only does he not heal for long even though he sticks around the entire time he always did, but his range of healing is pretty much just whatever is close to being in contact with him...he never had huge range, but i could cast it and not be in melee range of mob and still heal tank
  4. ARCHIVED-Zeltaria Guest

I just cast mine, he only healed 2 times my first try... to be sure i jumped a hill to loose some health and he only healed 3 times.. where he used to heal 6 times I believe. Healed amount was same as usual. 130 pts or so each heal.

Damnit! why do they have to stealth nerf stuff! Why cant they just come out and SAY IT!
  5. ARCHIVED-bouhhan Guest

tested it ten times just now...it heals usually 3, sometimes 2 times before depopping.
    i can't figure out how to copy/paste my combat log, but here are the numbers...
    this is while fighting the two dread servants after myrgoth in miragul's...
    master 1 umbral attendant
    cast 1: heals 231, heals 234, disappears
    cast 2: heals 216, heals 232, heals 237, disappears
    cast 3: heals 221, heals 220, heals 252, disappears
    cast 4: heals 229, heals 217, heals 210, disappears
    cast 5: heals 237, heals 230, disappears
    cast 6: heals 210, heals 212, heals 253, disappears
    cast 7: heals 228, heals 250, heals 239, disappears
    cast 8: heals 252, heals 212, heals 212, disappears
    cast 9: heals 234, heals 242, heals 218, disappears
    cast 10: heals 213, heals 249, heals 250, disappears
    [IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-Triyton Guest

This spell I believe is what we get instead of a Fury's group invisibility, so it had better darn well be a great spell or they are scrwing Mystics. So if they have nerfed it....
  7. ARCHIVED-SonnyA Guest

Did any of you even consider that it might be a bug instead of a stealth nerf?
    Take a chill pill and /bug it ingame.
  8. ARCHIVED-bouhhan Guest

ok i posted the numbers in combat discussion this morning.
    i'll keep checking there for a response...

[IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-thedump Guest

I haven't been able to squeeze more than 2 heals out the bear, and it's been minimal at best. Probably about 400hps. There definitely has been some change, and I'm not sure what it is; although, I'm still loving torpor.
  10. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I'd be loving Torpor a lot more if it was group wide like Spiritual Circle.
  11. ARCHIVED-Purcupile Guest

I agree Bandit. Torpor is a great spell, since I got it I haven't used Umbral Attendant once. If it was a group heal it would be a lot more fun.

Purcupile
  12. ARCHIVED-trin kahl Guest

Is spiritual circle and umbral attendent..kinda cousin spells? 2 lines of shamans getting cast and forget type spells? Has anything changed with spiritual circle?
  13. ARCHIVED-paisan Guest

They are the mystic/defiler equivalent sure. I haven't seen any threads about the defiler one tho so im guessing its just us.
  14. ARCHIVED-Asdran Guest

Templars/Inquisitors too - Our speciality heal, the reactive line is now same from app2 - Master
  15. ARCHIVED-Truth Guest

Only difference is: Your heal is bugged since the last hotfix, ours is bugged since the LU20. And what's more important: You know its a bug, we don't :(

Hope it all gets sorted and I really hope its a bug, not a nerf. It was a great group heal, now its just another spell that went down to a non used hotbar...

Truth
  16. ARCHIVED-dennisbp Guest

I noticed the same thing right after LU20 too. Mine is Master1 and doesn't heal 1/10 of what it used to heal.

Did you get any responses on your thread Bouhhan?
  17. ARCHIVED-trin kahl Guest

Any word on the Umbral attendant bug/nerf in the patch notes,forums, anywhere? Whats the word SOE? I figured Sat. mornings patch was gonna fix it, guess not.
  18. ARCHIVED-bouhhan Guest

still no word on this... gonna try a thread in the spell forums as well (where it prolly should have gone in the 1st place)
    :/
    [IMG]
  19. ARCHIVED-Baccalarium Guest

Crud, I didn't feel like my bear was helping as much as normal, but his job is to take care of the unimportant topping folks off while I was watching the main tank. Sure enough look through the last 4 times I used him in last nights logs and

First heal 8,7,7, 9 and 7 seconds after he was summoned.
    Second heal 6,7,7,7 and 7 seconds after the first.
    Leaves 6,6,6,5,and 6 seconds after second heal.

He appeared to heal myself and both the other casters not far from me, several instances where he healed the conjuror's pet, and even the once or twice the even the ranger. I'm not sure if the tight range was any different, but the duration and number of heals is certainly way off.
  20. ARCHIVED-Eepop Guest

Yeah, Im pretty peeved. I havent been blessed with alot of T6 rares, and I had made this adept 3 the day before LU 20.

As of last night:
    2 heals
    one for 192
    one for 193

What a monumental waste.