Closed / Unconfirmed Umbra the Screecher--Always shows as mounted

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Bhayar, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Can we get this fixed so this mount doesn't show--even in combat--after the option to "never show" mounts has been checked? This seems to be a random bug showing up on different characters and it's annoying as it gets when you're in combat, much less anywhere else.
    I know a lot of people are experiencing this visible mount problem in this new xpac and it's driving players crazy.
    Thanks for checking this out.
    EmJay, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All the mounts this expansion are illusion mounts. Even if you have illusions turned off, even if you have mounts set to never show, it shows the danged mount. If you use an appearance mount, it always shows.

The best workaround for the moment that I have found is to equip a pair of wings in the Mount Appearance slot. They still show when you are on the ground, but they're less obnoxious than a huge bug or horse or reptilian etc.
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

This mount also doesn't behave properly. I have the same issue of randomly not being able to land without using X on this mount as with Skygge.
    It sort of stinks that these new mounts that we paid for are currently unusable.
    Korochun and Breanna like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The odd thing is, that they don't always show. It's highly odd that that they show and then sometimes they don't. Why they would create an "illusion" mount for a flying mount with stats is beyond my comprehension.
    Korochun and Argosunited like this.
  5. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Thread #3 on this issue