UltraMMO becomes EQ-Raiders.com!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx, Sep 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx Guest

The same great site you all know and love dedicates itself to the Everquest series completely. Presently EQ2 and the future of the franchise as well!!

For those who do not know, www.EQ-Raiders.com is a site built with the single goal in mind to bring the community together in one of the most driving forces of the everquest franchise. Raiding.

EQ-Raiders.com has the single largest database of information for Everquest 2 found anywhere on the internet thanks to the efforts of the community getting together and discussing raid mob encounters and sharing information as guilds progress further through the game. More information means more FUN for everyone!!

Be sure to visit EQ-Raiders.com for great discussions on EQ2 raid mobs and don't forget to stick around and just chat with us!

-Spectre-
    EQ-Raiders Admin
  2. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

I would love to, but it's taking a very long time to get approved for your site and I can't view anything except forum lists without approval. :(
  3. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Every time the name changes we have to re register or something. Kind of a pain in the butt.
  4. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

I wish the site didn't require registration just to view the posts. I think traffic would increase substantially.
  5. ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx Guest

It is outlined why there can be a 24 hour turn around for accepting new registrations. It is to keep the community protected from spam. I have a number of anti-spam measures setup on the website but the biggest of all of them is the NFS Anti-spam network that we are a part of. Yes, it might take a little longer to approve a registration at times but I also reject nearly 100 new registrations every few days from spam bots and the like.

I really don't care about the traffic numbers. I pay for the websites setup for the different games. I run them to keep them in the spirit I envision for them. Keep them pure so to speak.

I require registrations because alot of work is put into the raid strategies obviously and it isnt easy for people to just share strategies because they fear their own guild. That's why the website is set up. To share information and to encourage the community to grow because the more fun we all have with content the better the game is for everyone.
  6. ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx Guest

Novusod wrote:
    No one has to re-register. The same database has been used since 2008 as you can see by some of the earliest posts still on there.
  7. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Yeah, I didn't have to re-register either.
  8. ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx Guest

Sleeper's Tomb Raid Strategies are up!!!! Enjoy!
  9. ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx Guest

EQ-Raiders.com no longer has the brief waiting period for registrations. The Spam Bot filter the website uses has been upgraded and on the chance of one getting through it.. is out weighed by having a quick registration system for raiders that want to learn and discuss strategies for the hundreds of raid encounters we have on the website.

Enjoy.