ultimate buffbot ?

Discussion in 'General Scout Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Grobi, Jun 29, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Grobi Guest

i have some concerns about the the new plan to make all bard buffs raid wide. point 1 is who needs more than 2bards for a raid anymore our dps is kinda meh even with nice raidgear , if we dont get a new mysth weapon version we loose tons of dps from or weapon proc ( dirge ) , kinda looks like we will left out for higher dps classes.
    my point 2 is even if we have a raidspot we will prolly stay the whole raid in the background as buffbot becouse who can afford to loose all the buffs for the raid becouse the bard died.
    sure we have to wait till the stuff hits test but its looks kinda bad in my opinion at the moment.
  2. ARCHIVED-Asif Guest

Well for me i am just going to sit back and see how this plays out.
    My main is my Troub and i DONT plan on making any other toon my main i was playing this toon way before we were the flavor for raiding.
    As far as being buff bots not for me i will always try and do my best given what is needed.
    With our myth i kinda figured that it would not be upgraded anyway.
    My only hope is we dont get nerfed to much but time will tell.
  3. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Asif wrote:
    That's a good stance to take. Until we see the actual changes, we will not know how it will affect the classes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lady Shai Guest

Really its the best thing to do is sit back and wait till things start happening before we al start crying wolf and that the sky is falling. Take a deep breath and lets see what is actually done...talk is cheap and they have only just started.
    I wrote this in the other post but still applies here:
    Lady Shai wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Lady Shai wrote:
    Generally that's a good suggestion. But a lot of people have lost faith in Sony's ability to implement changes without messing things up.
    I'll keep a wait and see attitude. And I will get my test characters setup to try and catch any changes first hand vs. from someone else on the forums.
  6. ARCHIVED-Asif Guest

I am just wondering what will happen to our raid wide POTM from our myth i know for best results you need 2 troubs to keep this up and running for the raid?
  7. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

You really cannot deny Bards (and chanters) have been living in the lime light for so long, I doubt you're going to find much sympathy or support from the community in regards to the raid wide buff issue/plan. In fact you may find yourselves the focus of much anger and jealousy from your brothers and sisters of norrath since the devs are even considering culling your herds.
  8. ARCHIVED-Asif Guest

BaronVonPitviper wrote:
    Wow who the heck are you why would you come here a post crap like that please stay on your board.
    You come here and make it sound like it was our fault which it was not !!!!!
    Maybe you should have checked to see what class would be most wanted in a raid like i did 4 years ago and rolled one instead of the class you did( which i guess you are not happy with like thats our fault )
  9. ARCHIVED-Grobi Guest

BaronVonPitviper wrote:
    so you say we should be quite and take all the chances becouse we were able to raid and now its time to step back ?
    you know my main was a bruiser for a while but to be able to get a raidspot i had to reroll , i dont think that i will change again becouse the devs try to change the system after 5 years. at least they have to give us some nice dps boost , becouse the only thing we can do good is buffing and there is nothing else to bring us to a raid.
  10. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

LOL, this is the general scout board bud.
    awww matey, I dont hate bards. I wish you luck, just saying what peeps are thinking :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Wilderbeast25 Guest

BaronVonPitviper wrote:
    Thank you for your troll... It makes my days happy and my heart rejoice to see someone that has such a shortsighted vision of the future.

Ah yes the bards that have helped so many achieve their raid dps goals now being cast aside. It is funny isn’t it?

Here is to you! Because you are needed so much that guilds want to bring more of you to a raid. Oh wait… They still don’t.

Well thanks for sharing your thoughts anyway. Our collective IQs went up just from hearing that.
  12. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Raid wide buffs for bards means you now take 2 Dirges and 2 Troubs always.

Why?

Cause Bards have more buffs then Conslots so with 2 of each Bard you have ALL buffs up at once, 8 People who can get BC/UT. and with the right gear CoB and PotM is always up.

Merge buffs so you only need 1 of each...well youll still want BC/UT on 8 poeple and CoB/PotM always up.

So yeah 2 points for effort and about -10000000000000000000000000 for actualy thinking though how this stuff will work.

What SOE needs to do is make the less wanted class SUCK LESS!
  13. ARCHIVED-Grobi Guest

Androw@Najena wrote:
    wrong only 1 person per group can get the buff bc /ut same with ia , with the set bonus you have not much of a buff left to run ( sometimes the resist or regen ) and only to bring 2 like for perma cob you can prolly bring a t1 dps for way more dmg than the second bard.
  14. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Grobi wrote:
    IA/TC is becoming 1 person/group therefore BC/UT should dang well become 1 person/group as well. Also I'd suggest checking in with the high-end bards over on Flames. Perma CoB/PotM with 5set bonus or T2 shard gear = win. Oh and if you CAN have all buffs up at once raids can/will be created with this in mind so since the mechanics Dev never talkes to the Raid dev and neither of them talk to the Item dev you can be sure that having 4 Bards will still be a great idea with Raid wide buffs