Two Questions

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Celestia, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

1. Why is Naggy targetable as attackable if he is so important to the story? Is it because of things like the channeler epic where he can kill you with his fire without the Veeshan piece you get? Or some other reason?

2. I don't understand how he knew about the Ratonga at the end of the channeler epic line. I get he's a dragon and all knowing probably because of all the giants at his disposal. But that thing didn't make much sense to me. Is it because he's such a treasure hoarder or something? (He always has you go after stuff in his quests, I just assume he's like any other dragon who hoards.)
    Geroblue likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

No, that's the meaning of life and everything :p
    Geroblue, Breanna and Beee like this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

1. Naggy has always been attackable. It comes at the player's discretion to not be foolish enough to test him out.

2. I haven't done the channeler epic to know the context about a ratonga. Care to explain? I can say this, though: Nagafen is a major player of the original game content's Prismatic questline. He's got his own information network that makes very little actually escape his notice.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

I did the prismatic quest when it was actual content - To Speak as A Dragon was the bane of my existence lol.

I just wondered why he was attackable because they seem to raise his level every time I am in there it seems.

As for the Channeler epic, throughout the line you gather these pieces of different things from dungeons mostly in Vesspyr Isles. You’re after this ratonga guy who is always one step ahead of you. I can’t remember his name but at the end of the line he is in this confrontation with you about power from this heart of …..man now I can’t remember.

I guess that doesn’t help lol.

But it was heart of something and you have to deliver it back to Naggy and he tells you he knew about the rat the whole time and just needed you to deliver it to him - which seems to happen a lot when it comes to that dragon.

Sorry my memory is horrible and I tried googling it but couldn’t find anything.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

It started off as an ominous warning. "Yes, this dragon can be attacked, but do you really want to try?"

Then a coercer managed to exploit the zone's geometry to whittle him down, but it was so slow that the devs took notice, banned him right there, and programmed him with complete invulnerability if for whatever reason you get him down to 50% health, but also kept raising his level so he would always be a threat that conned red and warned the player that they didn't stand a chance.

The level 90x4 version from the special Kingdom of Sky instance still drops T5 loot, though. I've killed that version because the game lets you.
    tasnee likes this.
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

Nice! (About the loot, not the player.)
  8. Ronoc Member

Fun fact: you can actually knock Naggy down into the red, but he stops taking damage at that point, making him unkillable. If he didn't have that you could one shot him easy, they keep raising the level but not the stats. The level is just an aesthetic at this point. Still unkillable though