Two Named Trees Impossible to Defeat - Ruins of Rathe

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

>30m later, and oh look,.. both Pete & Koni are at 100% health,... do a little damage to one, the other, or both, and both fully heal.
    a 110 Berzerker and 110 Mystic both in YunZi gear were able to defeat the rest of the zone as previously experienced;
    THESE two are certainly different than I ever recall. Entertained these two some time ago with a 110 Ranger & same 110 Mystic, and was able to defeat them.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

oh, and I seemingly just discovered, that without Escape, one is uncurable-perma-rooted to ground, so one can not make their way to exit to break encounter, this is a forced death to end encounter.
    wow,... yet another subtle detail discovered, huh? :mad:
  3. Zylara Well-Known Member

Koni you kill first and you have to move her away from the tree that she throws up or yes she heals, at same time you can avoid the roots as you do get warning from pete in chat, the roots dont do much except root and i think it was lower pot or sumthing but you can attack the roots and get free that way
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Breanna like this.
  4. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Move away a bit as soon as you see roots and/or grass around you or around two trees.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You have to kite this fight unless you have overwhelming DPS and can burn it down in a few seconds.

Target Koni first, she casts those healing trees. Keep moving in a circle around the stone area where they stand.If Koni puts up a pine tree, get them both away from it, it's healing them.

Every so often, Pete will cast a snare/root thing, move quickly out of it before it grabs you. If you do get trapped, you CAN target the root and burn it, but better to notget caught at all. The grassy things Pete casts do damage, so move away from them, too.

I usually pre-clear all the arborians out of the general area, so I can vary my circular path as I kite around.

Keep moving, not necessarily in a fast run, I back up several steps, cast a couple of times, and back up again, looping around the stones.
    Breanna and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

ah. Thank you for input.
    yet more subtle details,... okie, will pull them to the mud lake where the water DoT will hurt them too,...
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I wouldn't try that, they will leash, and since arborians are creatures of that plane, the water may not hurt them any more than it does the frogs.

Just run them in circles around the stone platform where they start. Or, really, jog them around, you don't have to run full out. This is classic ranger kiting.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

so yeah,.. tried the suggested techniques, and I think there might be some confusion, as the perma-root can STILL, not be cured, and there is nothing to attack else-wise; nothing on the ground, nothing in the area but these two Named, oh and look, Koni is back up to 67% from 50,.... oo, now 85%.
    so yeah, this encounter is broken for one that has 2,177.8 DPS.
  9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

but WHY not? is this a console game or a Role-Playing game?
    why NOT use the geography to MY advantage?!
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

ok, so I went and prepared a meal, came back and Perrin has been faithfully keeping me healed & cured; Pete is no nowhere to be found, but am STILL perma-rooted, with nothing to attack save Koni.
    detriments are called Forest Roots and Earthen Defiance.
    so, yeah, something is definitely broken here.
  11. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

you know,.. it just occurred to me,... I can NOT get out of this engagement,..
    can not walk towards zone-out to break encounter because of perma-root,
    can not use Totem of Escape "while in combat"
    can not dismiss Perrin and get dead "while in combat"

umm,... technically can not kill the client because upon returning, will zone in right next to both Named,...

ideas anyone?

it just came to me,... could leave the client logged in, auto-attacking until next week's patch when the servers come down, then will be past the three days max life of instance, then will be FREE!!! YAAAAA!!!
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Balcerak Well-Known Member

You can't target the roots? Are you in 1st person? Or 3rd? Maybe switch if you are having issues targeting the roots to get rid of them. If they aren't targetable something may have changed since last time I was doing that fight.
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Just move before the roots take hold. You see them as they're forming.

Also, the write up in the wiki has been around for over a year to explain exactly how to win this encounter.
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  14. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

the point being of my statement "with nothing to attack save Koni." is there was NOTHING to target, no graphic that looked like roots (which were seen, targeted, & destroyed earlier in the combat) just the debuff icons, nothing else.
  15. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I guess kill off the client, wait a few minutes log in and try to run like heck?
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Breanna like this.
  16. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Run! Forest, RUN!
    Breanna likes this.