Turtle Bucklers on Test Server

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Strings, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Strings Well-Known Member

The quest "turning turtle" will not allow me to make turtle shell bucklers or mageshields. The recipe requires "Raw Agate" which I'm not sure exists... On the compnent screen, it shows 2/2 raw agates with "Rough Agate" in the little icon. But when I click "create" it says the components are invalid and I'm unable to create the items or complete the quest. This is on Test Server... I put in a /bug but I figured I'd make a thread here so I could (attempt to) add screenshots showing the problem. It's been ages (a couple months) since I did this quest on Live, but it worked then.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Veta Well-Known Member

In the first screenshot it looks like you are targeting someone. It might be trying to do a commission instead, I have had the same issue when I was doing the tradeskill line back in pre-aom beta if I was targeting a non-player object.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Wanderingbat Active Member

4. Strings Well-Known Member

Batman is my merc, I didn't have him targetted. I had a guildie tell me she couldn't get the quest to work so I tried it as well. I didn't see there was another thread about it, I only looked in the test forum. Trust me, I've accidentally started commissions enough times to recognize it (I've learned not to wave at people while crafting).
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, started that one myself since it was another server I was having issues with rather than Test, and I haven't tried it on other servers yet, but I do know that I've tried making stuff out of the Rough Agate we have (Raw Agate is an old throwback to the Badde Olde Days of subcombines [if you weren't here for that, be thankful!] where we had to refine all our mats before we were allowed to use them, among other things). :-/

As I say, I've tried to make other recipes in that Tier with Rough Agate, and they were just fine, no problem. Other folks contributing to that thread noticed that, going through the list of required mats one by one, that the quest wasn't accepting ANY of the mats as being valid, not just missing. If this were something like the Golden Acorn of Antioch (or whatever it is) crafting quest, or Make the Poor Downtrodden Some Pants or whatever, I think we'd probably shrug and not worry too much about it, put in a bug report, hope it'd get fixed. But this is a part of the tradeskill timeline, without which you can't go any farther (personally, I'd like to see the tradeskill timeline operate like the Faction Quests you get in the city: have a CHOICE of stuff to make at that tier. If that were the case, we'd shrug again, pick another one, and go on with our crafters' lives). X-P

Most, if not all, other crafting recipes accept "Agate," for example, and don't care if it's "Rough" or "Raw" or whatever. :-/

Uwk
    Wanderingbat likes this.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm guessing its something to do with the data updates they have been doing and it lost the agate recognition something. Hopefully someone that can fix this problem will notice it.
  7. Strings Well-Known Member

It's been fixed on Test... Don't have any low toons on other servers.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aye, Test would be the first place they'd fix it; I should check my others.

And just because it's a low-level crafting quest doesn't mean it's not still useful; I can think of many a toon I've seen out there that's like in the high-90s->100 with a TS level of like 3 or so (either they bought their way to high levels, or they just focused on adventuring the entire time). ;->

Uwk
    who's trying to make sure the crafting levels are 10 above the adventuring levels... ;->
  9. Strings Well-Known Member

Oh, I just mean I've done it on all my AB toons, is all. I always do all the TS quests.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gotcha! Yeah, I'm slooooowly trying to get caught up to where I should be with that... ;->

Better Kerra than I am... ;->

Uwk
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

You probably see me with one of my late husband's toons doing the low-level TS quests. He didn't do any of them so I'm having to backtrack and pick them up.