Tuesday's patch...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Shawn2.0, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Shawn2.0 New Member

Ever since I've had, (what's it called) ability lag? When you attack and your toon just stands there... and so does the mob. Then all of a sudden, bang!

It started while I was trying to do my daily crafting right after the patch. At first I thought it was on purpose, maybe to slow it down a little in the lower lvls (my tradeskill lvl is 20). But then when I went out to kill mobs, the same thing is happening. I have no lag zoning, or when I run, or travel on griffon or horse.

Any suggestions?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Do you do F11 (default UI) to check on the status of your connection? It's still a bit mysterious for me, but there are those out there who actually know what all the li'l numbers mean, and there are several posts on the forums along those lines to translate it all. The biggest number on the F11 window will be the FPS, Frames Per Second; high = good (even I know that one ;->). The bottom number next to the "bar chart" should be as low as possible; after zoning, I try not to move until it stops being in the 5 figures range, since I've gotten booted to at least Character Select several times if I try anything with it still in the stratosphere. The middle number, the red number, I think indicates something to do with lost packets or whatever, and should ALWAYS be 0. If it starts getting any value to it whatsoever, you're at the very least going to get lag spikes; at the worst, you will be booted completely. :-/

Uwk