TTOBEY DWARF ROLL

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-BollyUK, Aug 27, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

TTobey
    It has been months now since I asked about the dwarf roll and they still cannot do it!!!! This is part of dwarven heritage man! What's going on!
    (Here's some examples - turn the sound off! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFXUYl2ljqI)
    I am sure you can agree Everquest 1 players NEED their dwarves to jump like this again
    I understand the cataclysm changed many things, but don't let the roll be one of them
  2. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

All Monk characters should also be able to do the flips (foward AND Backwards!) :)
  3. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

It could even be an innate racial ability called Dwarf Flip (or for Monks/Bruisers, Monkey Flip). Or maybe Beard Flip.
  4. ARCHIVED-Britefire Guest

I've been wondering for years now why the dwarf roll was removed, without theese dwarvess seem to be out of touch with their heritage, maybe kaladim would have been saved if the dwarves still flipped instead of just jumping?
  5. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

The hurricane must be close, they let the inmates out.
  6. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Rofl.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

I would not underestimate the power of the dwarf roll.
    You talk to any player that played a dwarf in eq, and that is the number one thing they miss and laugh about today. I don't think you'll find one of them that doesn'thave a fond memory of it.
    My question to Ttobey is, Brenlo hinted years ago that there were a bunch of new dances that were being worked on, when can we see these?
    Its not that I care about dances, but I have to admit they get a ton of youtube time and absolutely drive interest in MMO's for some crazy reason.
    So, lets get dwarf rolls, and more dancing animations sir.
  8. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

hmmm I just did a test, it doesn't look bad.
  9. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Show us show us!
  10. ARCHIVED-Britefire Guest

The dwarves will once again be the most advanced norrathian race if the dwarf roll is re-learned!

The roll was a really fun part of eq1, I wonder why it wasn't originally included in eq2?
  11. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Yeah I figured it was there too, but I didn't see it anywhere in the old anim folders.
  12. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

ttobey wrote:
    so did you strap brasse up in a motion capture suit for this one? if so, pics please!