TSO aa in a state of total chaos ....

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

For some classes AA improve the base damage (or base heal) for other it add to the value.

With current potency levels levels the impact is totally different, with 200 potency, +10% (dmg, heal) ut you to 310 (100 +200 + 10) so the improvement is 310/300 = 1 + 1/30 , so a bit more than 3%.

+10% base is +10%.

For all AAs the + X% must be changed to to +X base amount.nsive abilities

Just to give an example, defiler get +15% base heal in heal stance, mystic get +10% heal (ie 3%) .... The current heal stance for mystic does othing (3% is nothing) ... and there are similar issues for offensive abilities,

May be beetny is out of date but i doubt so ..
    http://beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU101;d
  2. Land Stander New Member

"In heroic half of the tank just run randomly in the instance pulling named and adds or whatever would aggro. It looks more like Star invaders or Quake or Wolfenstein than like Eq2.

I don t really care much, i never liked TSO and half of the script where just annoying.

Anyway even in Vanilla eveyone wanted to bypass scripts, the only difference is that not any group could do it, you needed a coombination of gear and group composition.

And yeap heroic gear is wrong again, not as bad than in RoK; some items that were supposed to be great are crap because they miss the crit bonus blue stat which is not yet in game ...."

The OP, from another thread about TLE TSO.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

There is no contradiction at all ... Indeed both statements are valid, in both cases TSO is just totally dysfunctionnal.
  4. Land Stander New Member

I don't see the issue with TSO AA on TLE, at least not any issue that hasn't been present on TLE from KOS forward.

A handful of classes have problematic AA's, spells and "character bonuses". To characterize it as being in a state of chaos over all is unfair, because the majority of classes on TLE are meeting the base line of being functional and desirable. If you play one of the 3 or 4 classes with significant issues it is absolutely a bummer, but to assume that the AA trees or class balance is in a total state of chaos based on those classes is lazy.

Before resorting to hyperbolic nonsense keep in mind that most classes are still desirable and functional in group and raid content, and all classes are doing fine in group content.
    Dude likes this.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

If you don t see any problem you simply do not understand the mecanics and the difference between + base and + X% .. i'm sorry, the difference between defiler and mystic is simply choking.

And of course the higher the potency the more broken it gets.

Probably they won't do anything and we will end up with all healers being defilers, channelers and all mage being warlock ... They probably don't even understand either.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm 99.9% sure that +Base just = Potency.

They didn't truly implement any real 'base' modifiers until like the Prestige AA trees.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Potency used to be called base damage, it's just a myriad of confusing AA's. You're correct, most aa's that truly do modify before potency it specifically says "before all other modifications".
    Kalika likes this.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

I m assuming that +base is before potency, i will check with my necro who has + base bonus on some nukes/dot.
    I don' t have a defiler so i cannot check the heal stance, on mystic it gives a weak 3% ... less if you have raid gear.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Brainstorm in the sorc tree is "base damage" but it's actually just 4% potency.
    Kalika likes this.
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

I assume you checked i was plannig to do so on necro main DD which is described as + base too.

The issue of useless crit bonus is still here but at least it is not as bad.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure most are just potency, I know the fury AA in shadows says "base damage" but it is also just potency, silly wording is what it comes down to basically, potency is the first multiplier so it technically is "base damage".