TS XP

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Krastis, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Charlice Well-Known Member

Which apprentice recipes are available from FS? (is that Far Seas?)

I had a look on the Far Seas merchant on the weekend but didn't see any recipes. (apart from Purp runes)
    It might just be because I've leveled Carpenter and Provie first.
    The only recipes my apprentices have for them to study is, the Grandmaster ones, is that just because of their craft? Is there other books?

I ask because I'm not sure who to level next. A toss up between Sage and Jeweler so far.

I've probably quoted the wrong post of yours but I just wanted to grab your attention.
  2. Ranga Active Member

Potions may be working as intended, but if they say 110% and that is not what they give then it's simply a scam. The description should be changed or they should give what they say they will.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

XP potions, of all types, have never, ever worked on quest xp. It's always been kill/combine xp. It's not a 'scam'. it's how they work.
    Shmogre likes this.
  4. Ranga Active Member

"When used, this magical potion grants the user a bonus to all experience (adventuring, tradeskill, alternate advancement) earned for two hours. This potion can only be used once."

Tell me which part of the item description that I have misinterpreted?
  5. Lizabethan Active Member

They meant that it doesn't work on quest turn in experience - never has. It works on the kill xp for quest mobs, though.
  6. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Actually crafting at level without doing writs, with vitality as your only bonus there is no XP range it is simply 150 base+300 for vitality=450 xp per item.

Level 97-98 requires 314,226 xp, 314,226/450=698 698=/=1000
    Level 98-99 requires 361,359 xp, 361,359/450=803, 803=/=1000
    Level 99-100 requires 415,562xp, 415,562/450=923, 923=/=1000

So I think Deveryn's math is just fine whereas yours seams a bit fuzzier. An actual average of these three levels would be 808 (And only 712 average per level 95-100)

With writs and no bonus but vitality the WORST level 99-100 only requires 42 writs or 252 items......why in the name of heaven would you rather make single items? I cannot even think of an RP reason for one not to do writs. The combination of Lowering writ xp and raising per item xp has got to be one of the more nonsensical ideas I have heard. Nerfing the xp method that the majority of crafters use, will not win you any support from that majority. Make an actual point with some valid reasoning and we'll listen (well some of us will) as is it seems like "I don't like it" is your only reason and sorry, but that just isn't good enough.
  7. Ahupu Well-Known Member

The part where it does NOT list quest turn in XP as one of the types it modifies? Quest turn in XP is not adventure (killing), tradeskill (actual crafting), or AA (which can come from a number of sources, but in this instance refers to either killing names for the first time, looting certain items for the first time, or adventure xp conversion by means of the slider).
    Finora likes this.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The purple runes are the ones I saw on the vendor and the apprentice.
  9. Sirvandal Active Member

I am saying that combine xp should be higher.

Also my math is pretty good, vitality gives 200% worth of levels a bonus, not 300% which is 97-100.
  10. Charlice Well-Known Member

Ah ok. Well if that's it I've already bought them.
  11. Sirvandal Active Member

This person understands it all. LISTEN TO PLAYERS LIKE THIS SOE, PLS.
  12. Sirvandal Active Member

INCREASE THE COMBINE XP BY GIVING BONUS XP THE FIRST TIME YOU MAKE SOMETHING OORR MAKE MORE TS QUESTS!
    Charlice likes this.
  13. Rattatude New Member

Ahupu said:
    “Actually crafting at level without doing writs, with vitality as your only bonus there is no XP range it is simply 150 base+300 for vitality=450 xp per item.

Level 97-98 requires 314,226 xp, 314,226/450=698 698=/=1000
    Level 98-99 requires 361,359 xp, 361,359/450=803, 803=/=1000
    Level 99-100 requires 415,562xp, 415,562/450=923, 923=/=1000

So I think Deveryn's math is just fine whereas yours seams a bit fuzzier. An actual average of these three levels would be 808 (And only 712 average per level 95-100)

With writs and no bonus but vitality the WORST level 99-100 only requires 42 writs or 252 items......why in the name of heaven would you rather make single items? I cannot even think of an RP reason for one not to do writs. The combination of Lowering writ xp and raising per item xp has got to be one of the more nonsensical ideas I have heard. Nerfing the xp method that the majority of crafters use, will not win you any support from that majority. Make an actual point with some valid reasoning and we'll listen (well some of us will) as is it seems like "I don't like it" is your only reason and sorry, but that just isn't good enough.”
    I am saying that combine xp should be higher.

Also my math is pretty good, vitality gives 200% worth of levels a bonus, not 300% which is 97-100.
    Sirvandal, 14 minutes ago Report

Well, if your math is good, then it must be that you're reading too fast and making assumptions. The 300 number that Ahupu used wasn't a percentage. It was 300 TS XP. If you craft an item that gives 150 XP you get an extra 300 XP from having 200% vitality bonus.
  14. Tarnorili Member

Sure sounds like rushing in one form to me, but each to their own.
    Most everyone just wants everyone 'now', that's the underlying problem. Anytime some folk seem to have to work for things these days they tend to whine. *Shrugs* In my view and experience the impatient gamer's always been the unhappy gamer, but like I said; each to their own.
    Enoibia and Deveryn like this.
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

Sadly once a game is referred to as WORK it's time to move on.

I am not against leveling taking time, I just want options, which we currently do not have.
  16. Rotherian Well-Known Member

You could just do the writs. Which would have you making a lot less combines than 1000 per level*. But if you enjoy doing this, then (by all means) continue:

[IMG]

We get that you think the xp per combine is low. However, if you aren't running a crafting bot program, then why in the world would you choose the most inefficient method of leveling to illustrate your case? That is almost like complaining that it takes a long time to bake chocolate chip cookies, because you are including the time it takes to grow the cocoa tree, the sugar cane, and the wheat, as well as the time it takes to evaporate seawater for salt, extract the chocolate from the cocoa nibs, extract the sugar from the sugar cane, and mill the wheat kernels for flour.

If you do all that, of course it is going to take a long time. But if you go buy the ingredients from the grocery store, you can be done in under two hours (really, closer to one, but some folks might be slow mixers).

Likewise, if you use the most inefficient means of leveling your crafting, of course you aren't going to get much xp by going that route.

* With writs it is more like 200-300 total combines per level.
    Deveryn likes this.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Let's explore the topic of options then. More quests is kinda vague. What exactly are we doing that we haven't already done? Any new quest will undoubtedly put us at the table to do more of that boring work.
  18. Charlice Well-Known Member

More quests means more quests I don't know how much simpler I can phrase that.

The quest line fell short by I'd say a level and what exactly was the reward? Oh that's right, an item that didn't/doesn't work. Grinding three levels with writs is not what I'd call a riveting player experience. Please remember this is a game not a life choice.

More quests means allowing any craft quests we have not completed to grant xp. As it is now any grey quests reward zero to very little xp. When they originally changed from new items granting bonus xp to quests being the xp granter, all quests granted a good chunk of xp, now not so much.
    I'm open to anything that gives an option other than writs. How about quests that get us out in the world rather than stuck in the guild hall? How about they add a harvesting quest, or possibly raise the xp granted by the ToV daily/weekly? The ToV daily gives around 1%.

Tbh I just want options. I have never before felt that leveling a crafter was a grind, but everything about this expansion is a grind. Is this the first expansion in a while we haven't been able to buy advanced books with faction? I'd rather grind for faction for a purpose than grind for levels. Though I can't imagine many crafters are not already max faction with Far Seas.

I'm sick to death of people referring to it as HARD. In no way is this snoozefest hard, it is monotonous.
  19. Charlice Well-Known Member

We all know that, but maybe they should look at clearer wording for the marketplace. It neither says it does, or does not award, bonus xp for quests.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

+ the per combine XP