Trying to discover my character

Discussion in 'Traveler's Tales' started by ARCHIVED-GonkSevenT3, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-GonkSevenT3 Guest

Greetings all. I'm a very "lite" RP'er. But I'm am enjoying EQ2 tremendously. Wandering around Qeynos actually feels like a city to me. For the first time I truly feel immersed in it all in a way EQL never made me feel. So here is a very short test for a backstory. It's not really a bio just a quick glimpse at what might be going on in my character's mind. Let me know what you think I'm still figuring out who Isrord is here and I'm noticing that the game itself is really helping to direct me.

So much of it all is still just such a blur. How long had it been since he saw Luclin torn asunder? How long had it been since he walked the rope bridges of Kelethin? So many of his memories blurred. So many memories lost. How was it that he was found adrift at sea? How long was he floating out there? Where was he before that? Would he ever know?

Isrord was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of clammy flesh slapping stone. Looking down he noticed his weapons were drawn and pool of blood was forming around the corpse of a ruins skulker. Upon further examination he realized there were actually several corpses of skulkers strewn about him. The wood elf murmured to himself as he cleaned the blade of his axe off with a piece of cloth he kept in his pack. Hanging his axe at his belt, he pulled the dagger lodged in one of the skulkers out,so he could clean that as well.

Why was he here again? Something about Vaughn. He was supposed to be looking for something Vaughn lost. A satchel? Maybe that was it. A quick examination of the skulkers did not yield the satchel. Thrusting the freshly cleaned dagger into its sheath he looked around for evidence of more skulkers. Sighting some webbed footprints leading up the stairs of the ruined mage's academy Isrord trotted off to see where they led.

His thoughts again drifted off to his life before now. Before the world was changed. Before he was, who he was becoming. Before he discovered how much he enjoyed stalking and hunting. Hunting things that more often than not, walked on two legs. Where was he headed, or for that matter, where had he been?
  2. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Nice little intro. Shows some confusion, and some motivations.

Very interesting.

Eriol
  3. ARCHIVED-TXAG2006 Guest

That seems to be a good start :smileyhappy:. It sounds alot like my background story for a different character in another game so you get bonus points:smileyvery-happy: