Troub AA build

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Aurelius, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Aurelius New Member

Might anyone have a good Troub AA build they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm in the process of learning what are the better point investitures within the AA trees.

Thank you kindly!
  2. Fairin Active Member

i'll have mine up on eq2u after patch, rebuilding my spec from the ground up

my primary will focus on not needing crit bonus form AA's eventually, so keep that in mind - also i am a tank.

my old secondary will be more dps oriented but still high tank-ability
  3. Aurelius New Member

If your build is more tank oriented, I'm assuming that is for solo play? Would your second build be more focused on group play?

Thanks!
  4. Fairin Active Member

no - i tank raids, its my all around personal spec the amount of dps gain from the actual dps spec is negligible at best

but i did include one for people that are not comfortable dpsing from the front (tanking)
  5. Aurelius New Member

I have 3 questions from a quick glance.

1) I notice that you did not take any points in Court Jester on the Shadow's tab. With Jcap being one of the iconic abilities for a Troub, why wouldn't we want to improve it further?
    2) You go down both sides of the Prestige tab, but not fully down either side. Are neither the right or left good enough to focus upon? Or is this a byproduct of your tank style?
    3) You took no skills along the bottom line of the Troub tab. Is the entire line useless?

I really appreciate the assistance understanding the nuances of the Troub!
  6. Fairin Active Member

1, you should be (and everyone else should be) capped on casting and recovery so court jester is useless (ask yourself if 15% abilitycasting is worth 5 aa)

2 i made a choice, to take a bit more potency(potency from crit bonus) + a group cure and lay-on-hands(bagpipes) vs knocking 30 seconds off VC's cd, since Levinbolt and VC both have 2min 30 second cd's.

3 yes compared to the dragon aa's. (which is what i got in return) yes Energizing ballad is useless, and nothing gives a tangeable bonus to dps, i DO miss the raidwide cures on the wards from arcane/elemental. but not worth spending the 30 aa to get
  7. Aurelius New Member

Which of your two builds would you suggest for a general group support role?

And on a pure curiosity note, how do you raid tank as a support class? We lack the agro and defensive CDs to support it.
  8. Fairin Active Member

my secondary is leaning more towards the support side, with enough mit it can tank just fine (with most of the hp aa's)

with 100% hategain (i use 140 cause the necro pet in group gives me -40) you hold aggro. very.. very well even without abhorrent verse giving you the partys hate (50% transfer. as long as you even debuffed a boss, they cant rip aggro off you)

defensive cd's. are the deathprevent, the perma regenerating ward, the 60s cd bagpipes (which have the on hit effect too) and lastly the super OP 22 second invulnerability from Veil of sound, dodge and cover negates the first hit off a bosses un-debuffed damage, and you can skald shielding your self to superboost your block for short durations.