Trompe-l’oeil (Trick of the Eye) home.

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-Seertam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Seertam Guest

When you decide to create an illusion of space in a Freeport Inn room there isn’t much in the way of pictures to share. I hope you enjoy and if you would like to view in person it is listed on Unrest leaderboards under small homes, Spatial Illusion owned by Schaeden. (A friend told me not many people would know what I meant by calling it Trompe-l’oeil.

Being a Beastlord, Schaeden really likes her tradeskill apprentice and wanted to make her feel at home in her surroundings. Schaeden also lives through the door accessible nearby which to all intents is part of the larger castle illusion. Nothing but a few paintings – nothing clever on my part with the layouts but fun anyway.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    If you. want to see true Trompe-l’oeil work just check out this link of John Pugh.
    There are many others out there including some totally amazing street art one of which is featured at the bottom of the John Pugh link.
  2. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Very creative and I think you did the concept justice. :D
  4. ARCHIVED-Seertam Guest

Thank you :)
    So many of the paintings now offer this way of using them and I have to say that in RL trompe-l'oeil is one of my favourite art styles.
  5. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

You did some perfect trompes-l'Å“il, congrats. The Thurgadin walkway is especially good.
  6. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

Great idea and really nicely done! I especially like the combination you've used for the sky, and the rug/runner "leading" to the Thurgadin halls.
    I've used the trompe l'oeil technique in a couple of my places, mainly in building diorama cases. It's so satisfying when an idea like that comes off!