Trolling Ad on this website

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Koriani, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Koriani Guest

Just thought I'd post this, I couldn't find any other threads that addressed this.

But when I came to the site a few minutes ago (but before I actually logged in) I got a big red-lettered warning at the top of the forums telling me that my forum account was banned for trolling the "report" button. It had an email link that looked like a forummod email link, to contact support about your banned account if you felt it was an error and wanted it to be investigated.
    It was rather scary and official looking, and only because I am wise to the ways of the hack ;), and because I wanted to actually login and make sure that ban applied to me - that I discovered that it was an ad-banner across the top of the website (or something similar).
    So..um..might want to take care of that popping up for users!
  2. ARCHIVED-Moiya Guest

lol I got that as well, kinda freaked thinking wtf?, then realised as I wasn't logged in as yet couldn't apply to me anyways
  3. ARCHIVED-ToxicLullaby Guest

Yay for Firefox 4 with Adblock Plus.
  4. ARCHIVED-NightGod473 Guest

People surf the web without AdBlock?

Wait...was the post date on the OP in 2007?
  5. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

Yes, that was a test and you all passed :) Yes.... *wink*
    Just teasing, although there was some testing done. It should be all fixed now though, but if you ever find yourself banned and are not sure why, it is always better to email forum-admin@soe.sony.com. Thank you!