Troll as a monk

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-tener, Nov 11, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-tener Guest

Yes I know Trolls are evil. But I want to do the betrayal quest. And just wondering if anyone has any input. I know Trolls don't have great agility but hoping equipment can make up for it. Just wondering if anyone as there has this combo and how it's going.
  2. ARCHIVED-Fuury Guest

As most people say, race really doesn't matter too much in the long run. Sure it might be tougher early on and the numbers might not jive if your one of those Min/Max type gamers.
  3. ARCHIVED-Embersoul Guest

Ogre monk here! Good luck to you, friend.

~Ojin~
  4. ARCHIVED-Vandessa Guest

Erudite Monk to be here, and yeah I can say from beta once you hit 20 those equipment really starts to balance out the stat issues so that they don't matter as much. Also you can shore up stat deficiency when you pick up your LvL 8 ability trait. That gives you, I believe, +4 to a stat of your choice permanently.
  5. ARCHIVED-tener Guest

thanks all helpfull info
  6. ARCHIVED-Toejum Guest

Well I'm working on a Halfling monk myself, I think we will be the opposite ends of the monk class but I still think it is viable for both of us.
  7. ARCHIVED-ForceUser Guest

Dwarf monk here. Dwarves also have low Agi, so I picked up Nimble for my trait at 8th-level.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Soon to be Dark Elf monk here. :smileywink: Stats might hurt you a little bit at first, but as you level things even out. You might not be the best monk ever, but im sure you'll be good. People will remember you as one of those odd combos as well. If you think you'll have fun as a troll monk then definietly go for it! :smileyhappy:
  9. ARCHIVED-Goris Guest

I don't quite understand what everyone is talking about! I have a level 16 Ogre Brawler, and I can solo elephants in the commonlands who con yellow with one up arrow! If you ask me, AGI is overrated. With my ogre i chose STR as my 8th level trait, and I do around the upper 20's with each hit unarmed. I beleive that Trolls and Ogres are solid choice for the brawler archetype.
  10. ARCHIVED-rummy77 Guest

Aren't bruisers the evil races' equivalent to monk? So, a dark elf would have to do the betrayal quest in order to become monk, right?
  11. ARCHIVED-ArchZinno Guest

Upper 20s? Thats it? My DARK ELF Brawler (now a monk) was doing 30's at your level
  12. ARCHIVED-otomo Guest

As a Dark Elf monk that knows an Ogre paladin, just do it. If thats what you want, go for it. Nobody is stopping you. There are even Erudite monks.
  13. ARCHIVED-tener Guest

Thanks for the input have start my Troll Monk her name is Elgra. Qenyos needs the beauty of a troll stolling her streets.
  14. ARCHIVED-Supe14 Guest

15. ARCHIVED-SharkUSMC Guest

Heh, statements like this are one of the reasons I'm glad I went Erudite. It started off just because I liked the looks. Then I thought about how it was so against the concept of Erudites. Then I thought about how it made sense that an Erudite would make a great monk because they had already developed a disciplined mind.

Now I get the bonus enjoyment that folks tend to use an Erudite Monk as the god-awful crazy example of class combos. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-tener Guest

So I've started my journey towards qenyos. And I have to say that as a brawler trolls rock. Elgra is now lvl 12 ( I had to slow down to give the grp I'm doing the betrayal quest with time to catch up). I would have to say that this is my most powerful character and the funniest to play. So I will be actually starting the betrayal soon. This quest sounds like alot of fun. I love to take on the challenging stuff. Anyways just an update on the lovely Elgra.
  17. ARCHIVED-psubullet Guest

Troll Bruiser is cooler than Troll Monk. Hey, theres a total population of 6 bruisers on everfrost, and i'm sure the trend carries to other servers as well