Trio - Which bard is right for me?

Discussion in 'General Scout Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf, Jan 19, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf Guest

So couple of my friends want to level up togather. One is rolling an Sk. One is rolling a Fury.

Which bard should i choose? Troub or Dirge?

I know troub helps more with spell damage. Sk is kinda half and half. Fury is more casterish. May have a few more friends join but they are completely unknown what they will play.

Is there a difference in dirge vs troub dps I could consider?
  2. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

With those two Troub>Dirge
  3. ARCHIVED-steeve zissou Guest

a troub would bring more dps than a dirge with those two,
    but only by a slight margin till you reach the end game and by then
    you'd probably fare better with a dirge thanks to their better debuffs (a lot better)
    and defensive skills.

but sk and fury are potent classes so you would be better off choosing on the gameplay :
    a troub will spot mez/charm(used like an unbreakable short duration mez) and time Jcap
    to allow the sk to use harm touch and death march more often (fun for the sk).
    a dirge will spot rez/heal/fear(risky) and toy with an unbreakable encounter snare always up (fun for you)
  4. ARCHIVED-shockofimpact Guest

My understanding is a Troub would offer more DPS to the SK as his abilities are spells. However, the Dirge buffs CA damage and the SKs spells are CAs, aren't they?
    I have been trying to find the answer to this question for weeks but ppl seem to blindly say Dirge for melee, Troub for casters......but where does a SK fall in? Caster or Melee?
    Well, with the changes, SKs spell damage is based off his str so any buff to his str is going to help. Also, it seems that Dirges are good for aggro and tanking, again, what the SK will be doing. Just don't know how much the Troub buffs would help the casting of the SK aside from faster recycle times.
    I will eventually go SK/Defiler/Dirge. The defiler is there so my wolf can add 20% haste and provide simple and easy to use wards as well as the normal buffs for my SK and then debuff the snot out of the mob(s).
  5. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

shockofimpact wrote:
    Shadowknights have both spells and CAs. More spells than CAs as far as damage goes. But half of a SKs DPS comes from melee because of auto attack.
    A SK can play with either bard very well but overall I would say the Dirge is the better choice. Not only do they get some offensive gain from the dirge but they also get much more defensive gain.
  6. ARCHIVED-Farore Guest

Even endgame, I believe the troub will still grant more dps to the sk than the dirge, potm > cob for crusaders since potm is like 4 x as powerful as chimes but crusaders have so many small spells that cast quick so potm and aria of magic trigger a lot. They both buff the crusaders aa through attck speed/dps, dirge does have BC tho, but they always give it to damn assassin or swash! Of course for raid mobs and hard instances, like the others have said, dirge is overall better for stoneskin/hit rates/hate gain, Better for defense.