Treasured Item and Anaphylaxis Tunes

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte Guest

A rather large tune will be appearing in an upcoming hotfix, and I wanted to give you all a heads up:

The effects that are currently attached to Treasured items in Kunark were initially intended for Legendary quality gear; you can find effects like Overflow and Divine Restoration on both tiers of equipment. Typically these effects will automatically scale down on lower quality gear, but given the ease of acquiring RoK Treasureds, they did not scale down enough, and this has created a large imbalance throughout the expansion. In order to correct this, I've created lesser versions of all of these effects and attached them to all Treasured gear. None of the stats on the gear itself has been touched, only the power of the effects, which has been lowered by about 1/3 in most cases. I know this will be upsetting to many of you who have worked hard to acquire the pieces you have, and don't like seeing them balanced in this manner. The best consolation I can offer you is that there are Legendary versions of all of these pieces which can be acquired through quests, bosses, and faction merchants. The effects on these Legendaries should now be a large (and much more desirable) upgrade from the more easily acquired Treasured items.

In addition to the above changes, the 4 rewards from the Anaphylaxis quest have been dropped from Fabled to Legendary quality. They are still of better quality than most Legendary loot available in Kunark, but should no longer rival the strength of Fabled weapons acquired on raids.

I am sorry to be the harbinger of bad news; I never like tuning items down, but in this case it was the most equitable solution. I hope to have some good news (in the form of new, cool items) for you all sometime in the near future =)
  2. ARCHIVED-Whatsahandle Guest

Sad to see Anaphylaxis items nerfed already, but it is not too big a deal.

Just make sure that there are chain versions of the Overloaded gear live when you do the nerf ... we know where you live j/k :p
  3. ARCHIVED-Brutte Guest

how about offering a suitable brawler reward to anaphlyxis quest, since ya screwed brawlers all over the expansion, allowing scouts to choose +deflection legs of leather as a reward and not brawlers
    Inventing the Inventor quest Fens is the one I refer to for example
  4. ARCHIVED-mellobri Guest

Ok, so close to 200 quests done on 2 seperate characters. Out of all those quests, I've found maybe 6 or 7 items each toon that I felt was useable, and have dispensed of my original gear that I had previously. NOW, you are nerfing those items to about a third the value of the proc, which makes some of those items out to NOT be an upgrade to what I had. Where do I go to get some of those items back I sold? Sure, I can buy back the last 10 items on each toon, but I guarantee I've sold a LOT of things that I couldnt use or were not upgrades, and the items in question are now not able to get back.
    Are you sure nerfing hundreds of items in one swoop is the logical answer here?
  5. ARCHIVED-Argyuile Guest

Why do you guys even bother with beta?
  6. ARCHIVED-panther55 Guest

The thing that sucks about this is the people who rushed through the content reaped the rewards of this while slower levelers will be punished my gear that isn't as good against the same difficulty mobs.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kruhl Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    Fyreflyte,

Since you're retroactively nerfing lots of pieces of gear that people worked hard for, could you please nerf the "Ancient Runed Bracers of Diffusion" as well to be mage only? Your argument for creating a new version of that item was so you wouldn't upset the few people who worked hard to farm it. In this instance though, you are doing exactly that (which I agree with.)

If it's ok to do it with the bracers of diffusion, why not just make new versions of all these items, and let everybody keep the old version of the item that they worked hard to attain? See my point? If you can't do it in this situation, you shouldn't do it for the diffusion bracers. You're right with this decision, all gear nerfing needs to be retroactive - so please do the same for ancient runed bracers of diffusion. Creating new versions of the same gear and letting people keep the old versions is not a fair OR equitable way of doing business.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tyrion Guest

Good changes IMO. The loot ****** and greed bags will always whine when they're over-powered items are "Fixed" Fireflyt, so keep on trucking.
    Although I agree, a brawler weapon should be made available for the Anaplyaxis quest.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kruhl Guest

It's not like these treasured items are allowing people to go around one shotting everybody. So there should be no issue here....according to your logic :p
  10. ARCHIVED-faxoff Guest

so when are brawlers getting a reward from the anaphlyaxis quest anyway? hehe i know i know you have probably heard it 100 times, but so far i have seen all of 2 even remotely mentionably GOOD weapons for brawlers, and one is fabled of lower quality than last tier fabled, while the other is on par with the scout SoD reward (Which was considerably better than the brawler one), and due to mismatched delays wouldnt be the best viable option for my personal playstyle. as for everything that is getting nerfed, i called it! that stuff was so overpowered it wasnt even funny after a while. a cleric could spam single target heals and keep an entire group topped up, and a shaman who was using group wards right after a big aoe went off would not only prep them for the next one but put the entire group in the green at the same time.
  11. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

after vendoring the legen / fabled gear mix on my toons replacing it with treasured equip with effects... what should i say? do we need to ask for a infinite duration buy back so we can get our old stuff back due to new stuff being nerfed to rubbish?
  12. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

My bet is, somebody has got nothing to do and is trying to fill the day by "tuning". Can get you a lot of overtime. I actually like to "clean up" and "rework" my code when I'm bored and don't have anything productive to work on. I totally feel with you ...

So, the poor raiders finally whined enough about how leet and uber RoK treasured gear is? I would have been disappointed if non-raiders wouldn't have to suffer because of them for once .
  13. ARCHIVED-Zude Guest

Please:

• Provide the capability to buy back items sold to NPC vendors since RoK launch
    • "Pop off" adornments that were applied to RoK items that are being tuned, since the items may no longer be desireable and players should have the option to apply the adornment somewhere else
  14. ARCHIVED-Inquisiter Guest

Total agree with this re-tuning. As I was doing all these quests acquiring this splendid gear I couldn't help but think this was way too good for the difficulty. Sure the kids will whinge and whine but who cares, they always do.

One thing is for certain I don't want to spend this and possibly the next expansion choosing treasured gear over fabled (e.g Orb of the Invoker)

Quis
    Najena
  15. ARCHIVED-Geist Guest

Where's the Brawler reward for Anaphylaxis? You're re-tuning the other rewards, and there STILL isn't one for us?
    How about some non-healer leather for the quest rewards, too? Apart from some scattered jewelry, the leather quest rewards all through RoK are healer-centric.
    The Leather pants reward from Inventing the Inventor needs to be selectable by brawlers.
    We're well aware that you hate Brawlers, but you should work harder on making it less obvious.
  16. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

Inquisiter wrote:
    which is not even the point....
    the problem is that people have allready trashed their old gear.. gone *poof*... now the treasured stuff is getting nerfed....

its not about whats better and worse... its about massive changes after launch... next time maybe, just maybe consider dalaying the expansion to avoid that...
    same crap again as happened with eof and adornments.... make people get them... then nerf them....
  17. ARCHIVED-Xanoth Guest

While I'm sure this will upset many people (as i'm sure a lot of people transmuted or vendored their old items), it doesn't sound as bad as i had first expected.
    I would however like to try and squeeze in a question before the thread spirals out of control and Fyreflyte stops reading it.

While I understand the need to scale down treasured items in line with their intended item strength, is there are intention to do the reverse to fabled loot?
    The expansion hasn't even been out a month yet and already my guild has started transmuting items as soon as they drop. I wouldn't be supprisde if our transmuter has WW disco on some items that we've transmuted. Some of the treasured items that EVERYONE has due to the quest lines are better than some fabled that drop from T1 raid zones. Even after the nerf to these treasured items I would still imagine this to be the case. After all, many fabled from T1 raid zones have no actual effect, only stats (mages that already have a int over 900 and a 97%+ hit rate dont need more stats and +6 disruption).

I'm currently wearing quested gloves and forearms. My class set fabled gloves dropped from the protectors realm a fwe days back and the coercer and myself both wanted them transmuting. The same fate befel apair of forearms that were fabled. Some set bonuses are laughable and some items simply have nothing appealing about them.

Please, give us a happy christmas :(
  18. ARCHIVED-serilis Guest

This is just the tip of the iceberg, with the disparity between quest rewards for classes and the lack of foresight on item effects it just shows that whoever itemized this expansion needs to be fired, end of story
  19. ARCHIVED-MacDaddy62 Guest

serilis wrote:
    Uhhhh, pretty sure you're talking about the author of this thread there, buddy. I'm just saying that so you realize.

-Azleya, Ranger and Officer of Strike
    Lucan D'Lere
  20. ARCHIVED-Geist Guest

Azleya@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Well if that's the case, maybe we'll actually get an answer as to why Brawlers got boned on all the quest rewards? I won't hold my breath though. ;)