Travels of Yun Zi

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by BearWhoWalks, Jan 4, 2022.

1. BearWhoWalks Member

Season 4 done everything but quest won't update. Jarsath wastes go to Venrils Crown (did that) . fly to Howling rocks station ( did that) consider jumping off ... return to Yun Zi ... Jumping off what ? the post is on flat land went to and all around Howling Stones nothing now I am stumped ................. any suggestions ?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

3. BearWhoWalks Member

Yes and that's why I am asking here. Last thing wiki said fly to howling stone station and con cider jumping off.... off what ? thats the question. The only reason I am doing the quest line is to ern money to buy up grades
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The wiki is assuming you are using the overland flying disks I guess? Then jumping off that nearest the waypoint.
  5. BearWhoWalks Member

there are no flyimg disks in Kunark.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Fly to .... and consider jumping off whatever you are flying on, or if it's your own mount then just land next to an area you are supposed to explore next...

but.... remember the waypoints are only approximate, you need to walk or fly into an area until you get that in game exploration message splashes across your screen that you entered it

check your quest journal carefully which points the quest checked off for you, cross check that with steps in wiki article on that quest. If for some reason one step didnt register for you there's no point going to anohter as it won't update if previous is not done
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The sokokar posts. it's telling you to jump off the sokokar mid-flight to help you get to your next POI faster.

Anyway, did you go inside the Howling Stones canyon?
    Breanna and Xillean like this.
  8. BearWhoWalks Member

yes even did a quest there. No I didn't fly sokokar air don't own one and none of my toon needed one. OK so I deleted the quest and started over just to make sure every stop upgraded, all did except the last stop and here I sit Stumped.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

1. Visit the following locations in order:
      1. [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Dreg's Landing[/COLOR] (the Docks in Kylong Plains) ( 916, 12, 253 ) COPY in [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Kylong Plains[/COLOR]
      2. [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Teren's Grasp[/COLOR] ( 1984, 480, -885 ) COPY in [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Kylong Plains[/COLOR], take sokokar to Teren's Grasp Post for an update when you land
      3. [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Sathir's Span[/COLOR] ( -160, -8, 934 ) COPY in [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Fens of Nathsar[/COLOR] take sokokar to Sathir's Span Post for an update when you land
      4. [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]The City of Jinisk[/COLOR] ( 694, 35, -124 ) COPY in [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Kunzar Jungle[/COLOR] just as you reach the steps to the city
      5. [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Jarsath Wastes[/COLOR] ( -1055, -98, -618 ) COPY in [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Jarsath Wastes[/COLOR] (zone in from [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Kylong Plains[/COLOR] and go down the path a bit
      6. [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Venril's Crown[/COLOR] ( 163, -20, -248 ) COPY in [COLOR=var(--theme-link-color)]Jarsath Wastes[/COLOR] (fly to Howling Stones Post, and consider jumping off)
    Venril's Crown is the gigantic piece of Luclinite forming the crater between he Howling Stones post and Ganak's Battlement.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

Ignore Howling Stones and go to Venril's Crown. If you pay attention and follow through you might notice that the loc given for Venril's Crown is NOT the same as the one given on the wiki quest page. Try that instead. Or you could try ignoring all the confusing instructions and overdependance on numbers and just try exploring the area as the game intended ...
    Juraiya likes this.
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

for Venril's Crown walk into the crater and down to the foot of the rock, it updates there
  12. BearWhoWalks Member

Will try that again walked around flew around even jumped around the stone have not danced around ..... Thanks Guys
  13. BearWhoWalks Member

nope going to base not trigger up grade.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

It's there. I don't know what else to say that can help. I just ran up to the rock at the bottom of the crater and it updated for me when I did that quest.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Chikkin Well-Known Member

make 100% sure you got previous steps updated
  16. BearWhoWalks Member

deleted quest twice to rerun same thing both toons. I don't know just something to keep me awake at nights.
  17. BearWhoWalks Member

All right I figured out just what I was doing wrong. 1) I was fast traveling into the Dock. 2 must enter Jarsah waste from Kylong. Seems the quest updates thus foung Jarsah waste and up dates agin at the crown.
    Thank you everyone who took the time to help out
    Chikkin and Dude like this.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

Glad you found an answer but it's very unlikely to be that specific. I never had any problems with it and as a warden I never, ever cross a zone line for a zone that contains a druid ring. ~And especially not that one as it's such a pita to even get to.
  19. BearWhoWalks Member

You may be right but in this case all 3 toons did it this way. never matter in any other zone's