Transmuting quest rewards, and Chest-free nameds

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Wellknownmember, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Wellknownmember Active Member

IDK if this I the intended behavior of the names in Tranquil Sea, but I've noticed they don't always drop a chest at all. This is unfortunate because it is a further limit on the transmutability of resources from the highest tier...

Again I'm not sure this is intended but since the quest reward armor can also be purchased for just plat from a vendor in Phantom Seas, they are also apparently non-transmutable. I get that you can't mute things you buy. That's fine. But couldn't the tag on the purchased items be No-value and could the quest rewards come without that tag, so that you could mute one but not the other?

Or maybe there's another strategy to finding things to transmute? Other than books I don't need, named drops and quest rewards... is there something else? I haven't found anything that drops transmuter stones that give materials for the new tier yet.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

The quest rewards (and most of the chest drops for the names in the two overland zones) are only lvl 95. Even if you (did/could) transmute them all, they won't give you current tier adorning materials. Items have to be at least 96 to give the current tier of adorning mats. As a result, the adorning mats are already much rarer then they have been at the start of any previous expansion.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

Most of the overland chest drops in Phantom Sea are level 100. IF they drop.
    Wellknownmember and Shmogre like this.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Even better, the armour drops are Malice pieces, so can be gemmed [basically what drops in the Advanced Solo]. It's another reason folks are camping names...it's a far-less-effort way to get gemmable armour.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

True.. unless you get one of the busted chests with a handcrafted shield in it... not that anything like that has ever happend to me.... ;)
  6. Wellknownmember Active Member

That's a good point about the level 95. I noticed in the first days that the necklace was downlevelled to 95 from 96. At the time I was glad because I could equip it. Now, I'm not so glad.