Tranquil Sea - flying mount boost points

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Shamanduu, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Shamanduu New Member

Every time I use the flying mount boost points (water tornadoes) I am boosted, then 2 seconds later dismounted. Happens with all mounts, discs, wings and on every character my wife and I have tried. I bugged it a long time ago, but no fix so far. I haven't been in that zone for a long time, but I can't imagine it's intentional. Anyone else noticed this?

EDIT - It also happens in Vesspyr Isles with the flying mount boost points. However, you don't just get wet, you fall to your death when you're dismounted.
  2. Archimond Lifebane New Member

This is happening to me to in Tranquil Sea. What is up with that?
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

Do you think it might be due to the changes they made with mounts?
    Rhodris likes this.
  4. Shamanduu New Member

I hope it's not intentional to have your mount disappear, and you fall to your death, due to not having bought the expansion and trained your mount. I would rather believe that the mount changes somehow don't play nice with the boost points.

We were going to reward each other with the Xpac for Christmas, but we're waiting to see if this is a bug, or an intentional push for players to buy the expansion. I have 7 accounts, and have been playing EQ2 since the month of release, so I will be disappointed if it's the latter. I truly believe though that it's a coding mix-up that can be straightened out, but the zone populations don't make it high priority ATM.
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm sure it is a bug. They said something in the Frostfell Test thread about quest mounts and a bug from the new mount training stuff and I'm sure there are other bugs. Hopefully they won't have to fix that zone by zone but fix some overall thing causing it to happen.
  6. Furiant Member

I was also experience this today
  7. Shamanduu New Member

I'm glad to see that this issue was ninja fixed with today's patch. I didn't check Vesspyr yet, but Tranquil Sea is working as intended.