Training Dummies/Parsing the Wall

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tommara, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Tommara Active Member

In my experience, ranged and melee dps(and maybe nukers too, dunno, haven't played one to high levels) pretty much can't reach full potential without parsing combat logs (i.e., using parsers such as Advanced Combat Tracker aka ACT) which requires a good target (lots of hps, but won't kill you) under consistent conditions. Until someone does that, it may not even be apparent how important auto-attack is (i.e., you need to time your CA's so that you don't miss an auto-attack), much less be able to determine what's the best casting order.

The best way I know of doing this without interfering with other players is via the guild amenity "Training Dummy Supply Chest". However, this amenity is not very high on the list of casual guilds, and the unguilded are SOL. I can't see my ultra casual, crafting guild getting this amenity until guild level 50, if then.

This really needs to change if casuals, guilded or not, wish to do content that can't be face rolled. I'd like to see training dummies (challenging enough for someone that wishes to perform well in heroic or epic content) to be removed from being a guild amenity and made publicly available in some fashion, and sanctioned for such use by the devs (I've run into grief before when trying to "parse the Wall", which old-timers might remember doing, although of course, no longer has enough hp to be useful.)

Failing that, does anyone know of places that serve the same purpose that the Wall used to (and won't interfere with other players)? Are there any guilds who have training dummies who would be willing to offer their training dummies to non-guildies as a community service? If so, please tell us where, and conditions of use.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Some guilds have their amenities unlocked for visitors. You could ask around on your server to find a guild who lets visitors use their combat dummies...