Tradeskills Useful for Min/Max?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Mollusk, Oct 22, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Mollusk Guest

I'm not a huge fan of doing tradeskills (I don't hate it, either). I was wondering if doing certain tradeskills were necessary for min/maxing in this game? For example, in World of Warcraft (OMG), if you maxed out Leatherworking, you gained access to an enchant for your bracer slot that couldn't be obtained otherwise (have to have leatherworking skill at a certain level to use it, cannot be sold).

Catch my drift?
  2. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

I am not aware of any item in this game that would fall into a similar situation. All items that crafters make can be traded or consigned to others. The only possible exception would be tinkering, back in the day it required tinkering skill to use items at various levels. I am not sure if that is still the case, Ive never tinkered.
    For the most part, crafting here is to avoid having to buy consummables from others at mark up prices. Alchemist/Provisioner/Woodworker would be the go to professions if you are looking to use consummables often and dont want to pay others for their labor.
  3. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

with the changes that are coming this could be incoming but again it's hard to say until they open up the servers.
  4. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

There is nothing in the game like that, there are things coming with the expansion that we won't know until they open up the beta servers. However, if they hold true to how things have been done in the past there should be nothing you would be locked into. All crafted items can be commissioned if nothing else.

There are things availble only to tinkers but they aren't gamebreaking if you don't have them. They are just nice to have sometimes (feign death on my mystic is always nice), but everyone can become a tinker as it is a secondary tradeskill.
    Tinkers are supposed to be able to make the new green adornments they are adding in the expansion, but I'd be shocked if SOE did something as ridiculous as making them only availble to tinkers.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Primary tradeskills don't matter for Min/Max. Any will give you the "good stuff" like Solstice Earring for 40% runspeed or the evac from SF TS signature questline.
    In the secondary tradeskills only "Tinkering" will really help (FD, 25%autorez, mana/HP regen for ex.) And while Transmuting and adorning will save you a lot of plats in the long run, you don't "need" them.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mollusk Guest

Thanks for the responses.
  7. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

Yea as was said, there is no point in taking a tradeskill that does not give consumables or CA upgrades. Any "item" crafting will be inferior typically to what drops in the world.
    So its Alchemist, Jeweler, Sage for CA upgrades. Provisioner and Alchemist for pots. I would argue even against Woodworker, but that's my preference.
    Unless you are one of us crazy decorators, if so Carpenter would be the only choice for a primary character.