TradeSkilling

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Aussie_one, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Aussie_one Member

i am really annoyed. I am just building a woodworker and at level 84 I used hammer of Adept hand to bring VITALITY up to 100% I did a mere 3 Rush orders Writs and poof, gone is what took the hammer of adept hands 7 days to recover VITALITY is WIPED away to ZERO. If ya say thats fair compared to Adventuring to me ya DEAD wrong ,,,,, if adventure vitality was being drained that fast and hindered member from adventuring slowed them there would be a outcry of complaints ,,,, As I see IT YOU intend to FORCE members players to PURCHASE potions to return vitality back to 100 % CONTINUALLY and there fore spend real dollars on potions as fast as it used up again your dead wrong.
    tradeskilling is broken here also I have not received not 1 thats right not 1 Tradeskill PRESTIGE POINT :mad::mad: its very obvious now that tradeskilling of being forgotten about and being treated as unnecessary
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

you won't get tradeskill prestige points until you start hitting level 90+. Adventure vitality, btw, goes even faster than that. I can make 100% vitality disappear in less than 5 mins if I'm powerleveling someone. Just watch tv and suck it up. Leveling tradeskilling has always sucked, and they've done well to make it go a little faster than it has in the past. The worst 3 levels to do are 98-100. Once you get 101, it's not so bad.
    Kheldar and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Kheldar Active Member

What Mercy says above is true. They did seriously bump up TS XP at All levels, I did a power-grind on a new toon, and went from 1 to 100 in about 8 total hours, not bothering with vitality potions (I won't buy from the store) and did use the hammer once.
    It moves a LOT faster than it used to, I remember being happy to get a level or two a day past around 40ish when leveling up TS'er.
  4. Aussie_one Member

ahh is that right ,so dont bother with being creative or inventive with skills quests or nothing just lift the levels required from level 80 to start earning prestige points make it level 90. Why dont we thats quicker easier and we can make them suck it up we can alter the LORE of the game if we want we are the Devs after all .....Mercy ya dont get my point that changing tradeskilling basic formula is not inventing new and tradeskill quest line material and that dont mean combining adventuring skills with tradeskill thats a cop out excuse a easy way out same as lifting the level to achieve Prestige points most of the players are players from years and years so we know the lore what the game is meant to flow on. So altering that is degrading the game and making it annoying that our older chars that wee have are far better than new char we care to bring up thru its pretty easy to read between the line ..I dont think there would be one creator left when EQII was first released the first 5 years. Geez they was bloody fun time to play this game ,pity no one wants to keep the game based on the way it was then ..the way its been altered and butchered now is its not half the game it was then
  5. Argonath Member

Tradeskill prestige has always been 90+ just like adventure prestige has been 90+ ever since they showed up with the update that added the withered lands area and increased level gap to 92. And I think the tradeskill prestige line was added a bit later but it may have been at same time as adventure. As far as I know none of the past tradeskill quest lines have been altered and at level 80+ one has access to sentinels of fate line and the velious quests. The vitality is just something that can be burned through quickly no matter if it's tradeskill or adventure.
    Kheldar, Mercychalice and Finora like this.
  6. Porrum Member

Someone who knows the LORE of the game might also know that ever since they were implemented with Chains of Eternity, Prestige AAs have always been awarded starting at level 90.

You can read more about how the system works here:
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Prestige_Abilities_(EQ2)
    or here:
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Prestige

It's worth noting that while the level requirement has never been changed, some of the abilities have been. For example, the gathering goblin only requires one point, not five, which gives you more points to spend in other abilities. Also, all of the prerequisites for the 2nd and 3rd rows have been removed, so you can take Systematic Conservation without any other points in the Mass Production tree if you want.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Claim the potions from your vet rewards, those boost the experience and there are a couple that will make it so you will not even notice that your vitality is gone. I have never purchased a potion and never will. I do not powerlevel my crafters from 1- whatever in a day. I take my time and if I feel like leveling up a particular crafter I will get them out and do writs or TS lines for a couple hours.
    Porrum and Kheldar like this.