tradeskill XP to go from lev 100 to 110

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by herahnya, Jul 26, 2023.

1. herahnya New Member

hello all
    recently daybrake gave the oportunity to the free players to level up to 110
    As a tradeskill fan I started the quest line what lies beneath , but the purple bar doesn't seems to move...
    so i look at it more closely and saw 157,923 / 174,982,500

do we realy need 174,982,500 XP to gain one tradeskill level ? is it a bug ?
    aprox 175 million XP to pass a level seems a lot...

if you have the answer please text me
    i'm a free to play player on antonia baile server

Cheers
    Kittybock and Feara like this.
  2. Denmum Developer

Level 100 was a special thing for quite a while, with more than one expansion touching on it.

The Planes of Prophecy (PoP) content was the first time players were allowed to level beyond 100 and it changed the xp curve massively so that only PoP or later quest content would grant you sufficient experience to level up. Any other "level 100" content from older expansions would, as you find, be a mere drop in the bucket.

What Lies Beneath was from an expansion where the level was capped at 100, and it was not meant as a leveling path. In order to level from 100 to 110 you will need to do the "A Stitch in Time" line from Planes of Prophecy. (You will also need to do the adventure line from Planes of Prophecy in order to adventure level from 100 to 110)
    Hartsmith, Twyla and Feara like this.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

The "A Stitch in Time" experience is insane. You will gain 2 levels completing the first quest. If you complete the quest series you will make 110 easy. I kind of miss the ability to grind out a level doing a few tradeskill writs... Fair warning, the combines in the series are slowwwwww...
    Kittybock and Twyla like this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

As someone who intentionally resets and leveled up through alI TS classes on one toon, I recently discovered that the last major patch seems to have nerfed the XP gained from the PoP weeklies (which at 100% vitality could grant you about 3-4 levels upon completion of just the weekly mission itself.) I went back to writ grinding just to see how fast it was in comparison, and I guess you could say the XP lost from the weeklies was transferred to the writs, because they are FAST again.
    Hartsmith and Feara like this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

I had a feeling this would be the case after the following announcement.

PoP update | EverQuest 2 Forums (daybreakgames.com)

Ti_ for tat, is what I was thinking but that was before the Free-er was announced.

I recently reset my TS class for the very first time.
    For me it was very scary to do. I mean, that is a lot of levels.
    I made my decision when they announced the XP bonus during Scorched Sky.

Anyway, thanks for this info. Good to know.
    Hartsmith and Cusashorn like this.
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I found out about all this only today, when I'd tried leveling up an old alt for fun. I'd assumed the PoP TS line would give the kind of XP I've gotten out of running toons through BoL or VoV TS lines, but Nope!!!

That said, the only Writs available to a level 100 toon are the level 99 writs, as far as I can see. They do not provide good XP. Perhaps you meant the 110 Writs?
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

It's not worth the time invested, in comparison to other TS timelines. I guess my alts don't need to go past 110.

I have 10 crafters at max level now, but thought it would be nice to earn an Obulus Garden or two on some alts on IoR. Lol, guess not.