Tradeskill Vitality stuck at 0.0%

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lthena, Dec 16, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Lthena Guest

I've had a problem on all my characters where my Tradeskill Vitality would be stuck at 0.0% even after being offline for an extended period of time (+8 hours).

I've asked in Chat and no one really knew what was causing the problem. Someone suggested that I should craft something and it'd update, but that didn't fix it (I'd craft something, get the exp message showing no bonus; and my vitality still showed 0.0%).

Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but my Adventure Vitality seems to raise fine while I'm idle/offline.

Multiple people in chat suggested that I petition to resolve the issue since it's likely to be a bug. I created a petition, although since my account/character is only Silver I got the copy and paste response that I have to be gold to receive customer support, although it did link me to the Knowledge base, which I had already exhaustively searched.

I'm not complaining about the customer service (I was kind of expecting that response from the petition), but rather how should I go about solving my issue with Tradeskill Vitality?
    Thank you for reading, and sorry if my post was a little wordy.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Are you level 90?
    8 hours off line will give you about 4% vitality. Crafting can wipe that out pretty fast. Is it possible that you're getting vitality but not checking it until you craft a few things? If so, by that time its possible you've already used it up.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lthena Guest

Actually my characters are mostly all lowbies. I was talking about the vitality amounts immediately after logging in after the 8 hour period; and thus is before I craft anything.

Several of my characters don't seem to have any crafting vitality (0.0%) even though I haven't played them or crafted anything in a few days.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Lthena wrote:
    In the 'old' days I think you started with 100% vitality. Now you start with 0% vitality. I don't think (I'm not sure) you earn vitality before level 10 now. Are you lower than level 10?
  5. ARCHIVED-Lthena Guest

Gravy wrote:
    Do you mean character level or tradeskill level? The characters are level 23, 12 and a 5 and all of their tradeskill levels are 3, 2, 2.
    From my searches I've done through the knowledge base, wikis, and Google, I haven't seen any mention of a requirement, such as, character level or tradeskill level, besides actually training tradeskills (and thus level 2 Artisan).
    On another account; one of my characters were level 6 (2 Artisan) and they actually had 100.0% Tradeskill Vitality stocked up. I had very recently spent/used some and I just checked and it had recharged to 100.0% and they're level 9 (9 Artisan) now.
    Based on that information, I wouldn't think there's any level or tradeskill level requirement, because of how low that character is.
  6. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

What is probably happening is that you are moving up so fast that vitality is eaten up at a stratospheric rate. As I recall, nearly every combine before level 9 results in leveling up. At level 9 you need to talk to the tradeskill trainer and pick your subspecialization. Until you do, you will not progress beyond level 9. And when you do pick your subspecialization you automatically move to level 10. this all repeats at level 19 when you pick your final specialization.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lthena Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    Lthena wrote:
  8. ARCHIVED-Lthena Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

I don't think free or silver players get vitality.
  10. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Lthena wrote:
    Tradeskill vitality begins at 4 for some odd reason. As soon as you ding 4, whatever you've built up in the meantime will be there. I had a storage mule character I broke out just to confirm with before I gave you the incorrect answer, but as soon as I dinged 4 doing the tutorial my tradeskill vitality went to 100%. The character had just been sitting around idle for a long time. And she's silver - you do still earn vitality on a free or silver account.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lthena Guest

Senya wrote:
    I'll work my character up to Level 4 Artisan, and let ya know how it turns out.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lthena Guest

Senya wrote:
    Thank you for your help. Just as you said, the moment I reached level 4 Artisan, Tradeskill vitality appeared (and for me it went from 0.0% to 100.0%).
    Also thank you to all of those who read and/or responded.