Tradeskill Timeline

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by chattie, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ok so I progressed to the Plane of Hate mission, and all I can say is that was the most onerous quest ever. Again, I feel that I should have been able to defend myself against the mobs, as someone who has leveled their Adventuring and Ascension skills. Up until this point, I have enjoyed the TS sig line for the most part. NOT FUN! Not even slightly fun, and from what I understand, this must be repeated again in the TS dailies? I'm not thrilled at all about that. I can see why those who just want to tradeskill really hate this questline. Even as an adventurer I hate it, though I think I would have enjoyed it much more given the chance to defend myself from the mobs.
  2. chattie Well-Known Member

I have just completed the TS timeline on my carpenter. I thought I saw some vegetation in the recipe books on beta but see no recipes in my recipe books after completion.. Am I wrong and there never were any, or did they just disappear?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

There are lots of plant recipes in the new batch of books, both the essentials and the advanced - no books at all from doing this TS timeline though, just obtaining them through leveling and the broker - meh.

I have to agree with Merriel here, that shard of Hate mission was an absolute pain in the a***. I have finished the timeline on my main but shan't be doing it again - all for what is, in effect, an adventuring reward. I'm struck by how much I enjoyed doing the ToV, AoM and ToT timelines and how much I loathed this one in comparison!
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One still has to wonder how "not fun" the previous idea(s) they had were, if this is what we're left with. Again, "not fun" for whom? If the people tasked to work on it, to develop it, weren't crafters and thus weren't having fun, shouldn't they be able to look at things at least a little objectively, for the sake of the players? :-/

Deviating slightly from the subject: in pen-and-paper gaming, there's a "true successor" to DnD (in the humble opinion of our group) called Pathfinder. One of the first Adventure Paths of theirs, a series of six books for a particular campaign story line, started out in basically a pirate town, akin to Kingston, Jamaica in the early 1600s. We made the mistake of creating characters for the AP before getting all six books and realizing that we'd only be in town for the first couple of them, and then abandon it forever (or at least the rest of the series), because the head editor of the publishing company didn't like pirates, flat-out detested them, and couldn't understand why anyone would want to play them, even though intellectually, he knew they were popular (eventually, they "made it up to the customers" by having an AP that was nothing but a band of pirate players, working together to get one of their number up to the title of Pirate King).

Considering 3 of our 5 player characters had Profession: Sailor (a-heh ;->) and at least one of the others was born and raised there in that city, it would be a real PitA to pry them out of there for something completely unrelated, such as the rest of the AP. :-/

As it was, we pretty much gave up on it even before the third book. :(

So, yeah, I guess the opinions of the Powers That Be can affect things, but that doesn't mean that's a good thing, always. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Karamella Well-Known Member

My carpenter Umopi finally finished the TS sig yesterday and I have to admit that without EQ" wiki I would have been lost. So Thank You to all who put that guide together :)
    Will I do the sig with my alts? Most likely not. As Merriel said, it isn't fun. Parts 1 - 3 were ok so far, but Plane of Hate is a real pain. Don't know how often my char died but it was for more often than in the parts before. I think the amount of mobs should be reduced. At some place here was no way to pass by without getting cought.
    And the new familar is nice but no reason to do the sig over and over again.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

I finally finished the sig line last night. I know it will be ages before I elect to do that timeline again on my alts. I do want that charm for their adventuring, but it's not enough to make me want to rush through the timeline again. The rest of the rewards don't make the questline appealing enough to go through it again at all. I haven't even finished the Vesspyr through Obulus TS timelines on most of my characters yet, but those were a lot more fun than this one, and had some really nice rewards to boot.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And you get the awesome buddy prize, dude! :D

This fine gent helped me get over that last ooooooone dang level hurdle to finally reach the rarefied air (and awesome crate gear ;->) of level 100 with a few agnostic dungeon dashes! All praise him and his alts for putting up with the old duffer here who hadn't grouped in nearly a decade! :D

You were soooo right about that crate gear, Leeroy; went through those dang Newsies undead rangers like a hot knife through butter. One-shotted those twerps who were killing me a level or two before. :-/

And all before this special weekend was over! :)

So now, I guess I can look forward to eventually doing the PoP tradeskill timeline. ;->

Uwk
    Desetibrat and Breanna like this.
  8. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

You are very welcome, Uwkete.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.