TradeSkill Questions

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by ZeroMonster, Jun 28, 2014.

1. ZeroMonster Member

Hi I am a level 35 shadowknight. level 107 in AAs, and a level 25 sage. I am trying to get to 85 in crafting so i can get the flying mount. How long will this take me? Is just doing rush orders over and over in my guild hall better exp than the quests? Please respond, I need help.

Also If you know an efficent way to level sages fast, please say. ALSO: It seems there are like NO shadowknight spells in the sage table. Its weird.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Alchemists are the ones that make tank spells. Sage makes the mage/priest ones.

The writs are the best xp to level on (obviously imo :) plus depends on bonuses etc). That said, doing the quests will break the monotony as well as get access to the advanced books for most tiers once you complete the quest lines. There are some exceptions, but you can pretty much get all the advanced from a merchant if you complete the quests (except 40-49 and 60-69).
    Finora likes this.
  3. ZeroMonster Member

Off Topic: does anyone know how to get the iskar racial ring?
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I should have added, not sure it's more efficient but for me when running lots of writs, I use two clear hotbar lines, I then set up the writ items on the hotbars so when I do the writ just click item from hotbar rather than searching recipe book each time.

(hope that description made sense)
    Feara, ZeroMonster and Spindle like this.
  5. Aivet Well-Known Member

It's the reward from a series of 3 quests given by Zulk Veskk in Freeport. He's near the entrance to Scale Yard. Your best bet is to ask a guard for "Iksar Mentor".

As for levelling your tradeskiller, rush orders are the way to go, but it will require a fair amount of harvests. The tradeskill questlines are defintely worth doing, particularly the Ship Out line and the daily quests that follow it in the Moors of Ykesha. This is available to you at level 50. Once you've done the Ship Out quest, it will allow you to do the weekly Far Seas quests on the Isle of Mara, as well as the Mara Group Missions. The Mara Group Missions can be done solo, but if you can find some other crafters willing to go with you, it's much faster with a group (a solo crafter at level 55 is looking at probably an hour or more to do each mission, unless you have potions of progress from your tradeskill apprentice). The advantage of the group missions is that they provide all of the crafting materials, fuels and crafting tables, and there are some nifty rewards that will give you bonuses to your crafting. Once you reach level 71, however, the rush orders are without a doubt the fastest way to level.

Hopefully all that's reasonably clear. By the way, which server are you on?
  6. ZeroMonster Member

Freeport (server) and I don't need to harvest as my guild has a HUGE inventory of items. My guild is the forgotten souls.
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

First of all, since you are only level 25, you may want to think about do you want your sk to be a sage. My sk is a tailor so she also doesn't make items for herself but it doesn't matter as I made all 9 crafters and totally disregarded if they would make things for themselves. However, if you are wanting to make items for your sk, you might want to be an alchemist.

Beyond that, I leveled mine by doing the quest lines and rush order writs. When I hit level 50 on them, I did the ship out quest line and started doing the group crafting. I don't know if it still works this way but at the time I did them I got a lot of experience crafting those items. It was very difficult because they were such a higher level but at least it gave me something else to do to level plus the item rewards.
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Tradeskill Quests

This, although outdated, might have some hints you can use: Zehl's Basic Tradeskill leveling timeline guide
  8. ZeroMonster Member

Could anyone also recomend some appearance only head items, also, what is the estimated time for me to get to lvl 85 in sage. Im at 29 right now
  9. Axterix Active Member

It'll depend on how long your tradeskill vitality lasts (and if you've got the vet reward to refill it). Probably looking at 16+ hours if you had vitality the entire time, which you won't if you try to push it.

Do you have the leaping mount? If your goal is mainly to avoid fights and simplify traveling, the leaping mount does a good job of it and is available at 30 (both crafter and adventurer ones).