[TRADESKILL QUEST] Missing Ingredient Item

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Jihdril, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Jihdril New Member

I've read elsewhere in the forums about how the "Raw Tanned Leather" has been removed from the game's list of materials for trade skills. I have just gotten a quest that requires 2 Maple Wands that need Raw Tanned Leather to make. The trade skill quest is "Fizzlepop Service for Two" I had enough to make the 2 fizzlepops and the large burlap rug before I found out that the wand had to have this missing material. It was disheartening that this one material stopped a quest from being completed. I hope that this material will either be returned to the game or the recipe changed to reflect the change in the game.
    I know this is minor and silly, but it does effect some of the quests if a material has been removed from the trade skill items and a quest requires a crafted item that is missing one of the ingredients.

Thank you guys. Going back to either the game or Landmark now.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Did you try it with tanned leather? Many of he recipes say 'raw' in them but none of the actual harvestables say 'raw' any more.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

One thing you can try is to look up the recipe on EQ2U. I went through all 29,227 recipes and made sure that they all have actual in-game components listed rather than the "raw this" or "rough that".
  4. suka Well-Known Member

the quests and the recipes show different names than the actual item. what is needed is tanned leather pelt. often a quest will say raw. but it is still the same tanned leather. just like the recipe will say raw maple - but the item is severed maple.

the recipe is
    2 raw maple (severed maple)
    1 electrum cluster
    1 raw tanned leather (tanned leather pelt)
    2 glowing sandpaper.

my toons have made this recipe many times with no problem. people who say that certain things were removed from the game are often mistaken. sometimes the names change, but the items are still there.