Tradeskill Issue - Work Benches Not Seeing Items from Broker

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Shawson, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Shawson New Member

Items that I purchase on the broker are not being seen when clicking on a Work Bench etc.

Neriak: I had two lead clusters in my inventory but needed a 3rd to create a Lead Bracelet for a Tradeskill Quest.
    I bought the 3rd lead cluster.
    Workbench does not see the 3rd cluster.

(There is NOT a requirement that the mats MUST be gathered).

[IMG]
    EmJay likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Did you reopen the work bench after purchasing?

The crafting UI loads what is currently in your inventory - if you purchase something from the broker while it is open, it won't realize that you have it unless you refresh it manually by backing out of the craft and reopening it.

Though, also, after looking at the image more clearly, that recipe appears to need 4 lead - One for the primary component and 3 for the secondary, so you are short one lead.
    Ephras likes this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

Want to update - I tested this on live; While having 3 lead clusters will show that the recipe has the correct materials in the book, when you try to craft it won't work because you need 4. With 4 lead clusters you can craft it.
    Breanna and Ephras like this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

are you just starting tradeskilling in EQ2?

the recipe shows primary component and build components(s). Those quantities are separate. It's always been like that and still is. You need total of 4 lead clusters, because recipe uses 1 as primary and 3 as build (secondary)

When looking at recipe you need to look and sum up all the ingredients together.
    You are right that it does not matter how you got your ingredients. But you still have to add them all up to have enough

Another edit to add that: Some recipes will have different primary ingredient (rare, pattern, another gear piece etc.) Most essential recipes will have the same primary and secondary ingredients, so I get how you got confused.
    Ephras likes this.