tracking?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Pauly, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Pauly Well-Known Member

yesterday I asked in level chat and in the test channel...
    Has tracking been added to any races or classes lately? No answers.

I asked because yesterday I logged in my ratonga SK. After playing several minutes I ran to Freeport to use the chronomage. When I mentored to 60 I heard a DING and "You gained a new ability" flashed on my screen. Then the Tracking ability appeared on my hotbar. I played all day and used tracking many times.. on a race/class that never had it before.

Will also add that when I unmentored I got the DING again... and gained the tracking ability.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Twyxx Well-Known Member

That's pretty odd. Haven't heard of any changes coming to open up tracking to other classes.
  3. Pauly Well-Known Member

yeah very odd.. I just logged onto test and created a brand new Ratonga SK and it did not have tracking.
    However my Freeport SK still had it prior to the downtime this morning. Also odd is that I am able to use the ability in combat, something I normally couldn't do with characters with that ability.
  4. Dyeana Active Member

Remember, tracking is not only an ability that assigned by class, it is also race specific to some races.

Dye
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Some mercenaries give you tracking. Which are / were you using?
    Perhaps you used a scroll of tracking and forgot. They do last 6 hours so if you camped out with one active, when you mentored, you got that message.
    Also if the tracking window is up and active, you can still track while in combat or flying, you just can't open the track window if you're doing either.

So if none of those above applied to you, I'd bug that.
  6. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Rea
    Really ? I didn't know mercs can give u tracking, which ones ? and that on live servers too ?
  7. Koren Member

The ranger merc can give you tracking, just right click on him. As far as race tracking, I can't remember which ones they were. Maybe kerra, wood elf...
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think half-elves, too? Not sure...been awhile since I checked. :-/

One more thing to put in the Excel spreadsheet on The Kids... ;->

Uwk
    now proud papa of 40 (!) toons on three accounts and six servers! ;->
  9. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Half Elf
    Halfling
    Kerran
    Wood Elf
  10. Pauly Well-Known Member

veteran reward Tracking Scroll auto consumed when I used the chronomage.
    they'd been in my bag #6 for a long time and I didn't think of that until I noticed one had a charge missing.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That stinks! Obviously, you hadn't had it set up for that, since you'd overlooked them? :-/

Uwk