Toughness nerf feedback

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Exur, May 29, 2014.

1. Xloitl Active Member

Honestly tho, this just came to my head. With Damage being high again should taunt immunes be taken out? Never had em in RoK-SF and managed to kill people. A taunt immune for 10 sec is kind of a guaranteed dead someone, unless your healers Dubblemint
  2. Bosque Member

this is a great update... grps now need tanks and healers.. it is the way pvp has always been before this huge mess up...
    Siren and baetryal like this.
  3. Exur Well-Known Member

Unless something is adjusted with rezing, nope. Plus taunt immunity only shines with coordinated burns. organized groups deserve this and why they dominate numbers and PUGs.
  4. Xloitl Active Member

Why does a coordinated group deserve it? Your timed temps should be good enough. I know I was calling burns way before taunt immune. That just made it trivial. And now with dmg being so high its gonna be ez wiping a group. Definately don't need a taunt immune to kill the masses of people~
  5. baetryal New Member

Groups have to be balanced and have strats to kill each other now... so sad. My toughness has never been over 4k and im ok with it so quit crying and thank you.
    Siren likes this.
  6. Exur Well-Known Member

True to a point
    Be surprised at the levels of medioracaty out there... But one change at a time. Rezes just may be able to handle the recasts of taunt immunity... That's how over the top they are.
  7. Chimay Active Member

I get what you are trying to say. I think the better healers and tanks will be more appreciated now. It has been done as recent as 2014 as far as the one healer group against many. Watch Shangstung go!

or

8. Exur Well-Known Member

2014... As in with dreadnaught 1 gem armor? If you say yes, then that is my point.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Trasor Active Member

Alright well all I want to say is this at this point, if you guys had to fight the numbers you would not be happy about it. Faction population has freeps number 1, exiles 2, and qs 3. If you argue otherwise you are an idiot look at your combat logs.

All I am saying is now that toughness is nerfed, the sheer masses can get to us now. Forsaken souls could whipe the floor with everyone if they all showed up. So people that are saying stop whining, just check yourself and think about how you are never fighting in adversity. *cough baetryal* *cough nachoclips* *cough createx* I know you guys may play alts against the numbers but you guys don't even know what a strat is.
  10. Trasor Active Member

Keeping in mind rolling 2 tanks 2 healers 2 illies 2 brigs, warlocks and necros doesn't entirely count as a strat
  11. Caith Developer

Let's keep it to specific feedback on toughness folks. If you want to discuss anything else open a new topic.
    Kurisutaru and Siren like this.
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

This guy is a joke, but his sexy cus Nacholips is truely amazing.

Faction population has always rotated around, this is nothing new and nothing to do with factoring balance. Just bring a better group setup to fight numbers is all I'm suggesting and then let's see what's what.
    Siren and Dantiss like this.
  13. Xray Active Member

So, it doesnt matter if it is a nerf or a buff, a change has been made to everyone. It is fair in some sense. I still think top pvp group consist with 3 equally important elements: Gear, Setup, Coordination(Skill). If a 20% gear toughness nerf lowered your survivalbility, try to improve it in the other factors. After toughness nerf, I realized situation awareness is important too when a group is caught out of attention there is very little chance to survive (very different before toughness nerf). It is good or bad depending on how you look at it, to me I think it requires more coordination of group members and increased the overall pvp quality. Have you looked at your setup and coordination before crying? The old setup isnt working anymore might suggest the group setup might need tweaking. I do not like fight lasting 40 minutes, but I also think it is fair to allow people to have a chance to fight and win an uphill battle. So I think increasing the max HP a bit more might accomplish just that.
    Kurisutaru and Exur like this.
  14. Kurisutaru Active Member

Toughness reduction was needed and for me it was a welcomed change. PVP/BGs are back to group/raid set ups being important. And the lack of certain factors such as gear, specs, skill and TEAMWORK are determining the out come of fights/matches; for the most part anyways.. like Exur said.. some classes are standing out screaming balance me.. :oops:. Anyhow, true I found myself playing with my specs again to be able to counter Lethality a wee bit.. :p but add good healing/teamwork to the equation and I'm able to do my job as a tank properly.. so it's all good ;)
    Siren likes this.
  15. Xloitl Active Member

Not sure if srs mentioning me and exur, never had a strat or fighting adversity (plz elaborate on that too). Wish this was flames so I could tell you how I feel!
    But if you wanna keep crying go ahead. Toughness update was great, enjoying pvp more now than I have in a while.
    Trasor tries to recruit me to join his group so they can have a "good rogue" and then tries to talk ****. Lol plz go random peon.
  16. Trasor Active Member

It's all good, I like the nerf now. Exur was right, it takes coordination and better groups to win, for which we have been able to adjust. Certainly not an update for an illy but I can 2-3 shot pretty much everyone on my lock so I am not complaining. Personally I don't need to hear what you have to say Xloitl.
  17. Tippysaurus Active Member

Exur and Xloitl you guys are right... Brigands are OP, Swashes are OP, Necros are OP, Illies are OP, Wizards are OP, Troubs are OP, SK's are OP, Pallies are OP, Furies are OP, every class is OP not that the nerf was too much that just flat out everyone dies unless in a stacked group with Warrior and 2 healers. Sounds like PVP takes skill again. My bad at least the scrubby leeches are happy that random people drop in AOE's.
  18. Tippysaurus Active Member

/sarcasm off
  19. Exur Well-Known Member

Ironically BeastLords were not specifically mentioned.
    Kurisutaru and Xray like this.
  20. Dantiss Active Member

Tippysaurus is still a "new member" to these boards.............

[IMG]
    Nayen likes this.