Torn on server choice

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Vashaar, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Vashaar Member

Any advice welcome. How is Kaldim? I am a returning player who cannot decide between Kaldim and a live server. Live I have tons of /claims to help, but like the idea of starting over fresh on Kaldim. I play that kind of server on LOTRO and it is fun. How long is leveling on Kaldim soloing 2-3 hrs a nite would you estimate? Tahnks in advance.
  2. Elskidorr Active Member

It would depend on what all you do during your solo time. If you know what you're doing and remain chasing just xp daily solo then you'd hit level cap in a few weeks. If you're casually exploring, decorating, harvesting, tradeskilling, questing and grinding then it may take a few months, depending on how your time is divided and if purely solo 100%.

XP is fast and casual friendly. Slower for solo but not bad at all.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Vashaar, you will not be able to /claim most of your items on Kaladim; only a few items such as mounts and houses from the last few xpacs are claimable. There are a pair of illusions available - you can wear one of them. No loyalty tokens can be used, either.

That being said, I have toons on Kaladim in a very active guild, Court of the Blood Rose, and I'm having fun there. The server is new enough that a couple of hours a night will get you leveled up in no time.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. mothelm Active Member

i can sorta offer you best of both worlds i operate the only Progression guild on Antonia Bayle ......you can use your claims and lots of other stuff but have to self limit in some areas......

Eixx .....Leader of Rewind
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Vashaar Member

I used to be on AB. I play for the love of the game, the sights and music. I love Antonica. How active is Court of the Blood Rose? Is it Freeport or Qeynos based, because I prefer Qeynos. Are Fury's in need?
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It is both sides. The houses used as guild halls are in Freeport but there are link houses in Qeynos so good aligned characters can get to those houses as well. There are depots in one of them and the other one so far is being used as a member vendor house where members can place sales displays. All classes are needed and wanted, all player types are needed and wanted.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Vashaar Member

Cyrrena, what guild are you in?
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

She's in Court of the Blood Rose. ;) There were 26 or so folk in guild when I was logged in last night.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

And I was unable to log in last night. But the night prior at 1 am PST there were 22 people logged in.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

If you are interested in nostalgia, reliving some old content and casually playing. Kaladim will be a good choice. The end game raid content is lacking, but if it has been many years since you have done it, it is worth the time. The server feels full and lively, especially compared to live while leveling up.

Leveling speed depends on how you level, group dungeon grinding vs. solo questing. The fastest groups hit 50 in about 8 hours of grinding, the more casual questers took closer to 30 hours to level up.
  11. Vashaar Member

I rolled on Kaldim as an Illusionist named Lilyann. Will be looking for guild today that has a good amount of people during EST time. Thanks for all the great advice.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Court of the Blood Rose will be forming up the 3rd run of the City Raid a Bold Confrontation in about 10 minutes. If anybody is still looking for a guild and wants to run this raid.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Do those city raids yield anything worthwhile these days?
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Basically just experience and status. We have two new Raid Officers now that will be organizing overland and dungeon raids for players of all levels, on different days and times so all members get a chance to go.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  15. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Patterns don't drop at 50 then?
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We received no chests upon completion of any of the city raids. We completed A Bold Confrontation twice and the one that follows that one A Daring Confrontation.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.