Tooltips need updating so that we know what our stats do

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Semperfifofum, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

In the BoL update notes:

"
    • Haste will no longer overcap to Flurry
    • Cast time reduction will no longer overcap to Spell Doubleattack Chance
    "
    In my character sheet when I hover over Haste: " You will attack 125% faster than normal. Exceeding this Stat Cap will increase your chance to Flurry."

Something very similar on Casting Speed tooltip.Though the phrase casting time is used.

When I hover over Flurry: "You have a 10.8% chance to hit multiple times on a successful auto attack.... Excess Attack Speed will increase your chance to Flurry."

Something similar on Spell Doublecast tooltip.

I suspect many character stats tooltips of being wrong, please update them.
    Jinksie, Udonn, Irrixess and 8 others like this.
  2. Ahlana Active Member

This does not appear to be fixed yet??

Bought the new expansion recently and was trying to figure out the stat changes and why I had 0 Flurry despite being over cap in haste.

Same in spell double cast.

Can we please look at this, it has been 7 months since the expansion released.
    Semperfifofum, Udonn and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Ratalthor Developer

I've moved this thread to the General Gameplay Discussion forums since it isn't technically a bug. That being said, it is something the development team is aware of.
  4. Ichoris Well-Known Member

How is this not a bug? There is Tool Tip text. It isn't correct and doesn't match what the skills/spells do? Isn't that exactly the definition of a bug/error? I'm confused. How about just updating the Tool Tips when things are changed? What is the point of having Tool Tips if the information on them isn't correct?
  5. Smashey Well-Known Member

The only numbers you can trust in game is recovery, casting speed and reuse time. Even your ability tooltips doesn't mean anything. You need a 3rd party application to see how much dps and hps you do and this has been the case for at least 5 expansions.

Not sure why it surprises people tooltips are incorrect. An ability like frigid gift had a wrong tooltip for 8 years before they just deleted the tooltip and its something that would have taken someone 2 minutes to sort.
  6. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised that the tool tips are incorrect. They have been for years. What I am surprised at is the DBG thinks it's not a bug when it clearly is. I agree that they should have just updated the tool tip text instead of deleting them.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I get your confusion. Technically, a "bug" is bad coding that adversely effects the game. What's happening here is simply invalid information that is no longer correct, but honestly, I don't ever see it getting corrected. The snowball rolling downhill is simply getting bigger and bigger. This team could stop producing content for an entire year and do nothing but work on cleaning up stuff like this to make the game current, but I doubt it will happen. The desire nor the resources just isn't there to fix all the issues going on. I'm not saying it's not important, don't get me wrong. We'd all love an explanation about current game mechanics and how everything fits together. If you're going to change fundamental game mechanics, don't touch it until you're prepared to change in game information to match your proposed changes. It's similar to building a new washing machine that operates significantly different, but rather than providing an accurate instruction manual, you keep throwing in the manual from 5 years ago.
    Doobius40504 and Mermut like this.