ToFS x2 - Tserrina Syl'tor Encounter

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-theriatis, Jun 19, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

while I am not personally inclined to aggree that the tserrina fight is hard - as I've help kill it many times over the last few months for recruits that were missing the debuff.
    I will say, it does completly surprise me how few guilds can actually kill this thing.
    which I guess does mean this is alittle harder then it should be, if really only a few guilds per server can actually do this fight. this should be difficult, but by no means should only a few guilds be able to kill this. if the issue is tanks getting 1 shotted, then the damage output needs to be looked at.
  2. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

My guild has killed this mob several times pre GU60 and pre hack. I dont know what or if anything was changed with her is GU60 but she seams harder this weekend then she was a before. She is hitting harder then King Tormax at this point. King Tormax is harder for the script but she just hits harder and i dont think that is right.
  3. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    i have here a triple attack with approx 18k per Attack and 4 Attacks with approx 22k per Attack.
    Our Guard has 210 Critmit.
    There's a Spell called "Aura of Shadows" (or similar) which i removed many times (according to the Logfile)
    with the Arcane Dispel. Thats a Power-Drain (what else, i don't know.)
    Regards, theriatis.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hisvet Guest

Thank heavens others are seeing this because we're going crazy. My guild killed her multiple times with worse gear pre GU60. Now even by stacking the deck getting the highest dps, most crit mit, best geared players we are not getting through Tserrinax2.
    People know the fight but she is flurrying like crazy. We might try 6 or 7 times before we're lucky enough to maybe make it to the portal spawning (then dying) and its like she's flurrying/ma in her multiattack and destroying our tank and people.
    We reported it several times since we've tried this a good 5 times or so since GU60 without success, each time racheting it up a bit. We have people entirely x4 ez geared, people who can take the raid mobs on fast farm but no love here. We debuff like crazy. The GM's reported back to us "we're still showing someone is taking her down, try again" response. We have, lots of face planting.
    Bit embarrassing when an x2 is changed so she's harder than the statue of rallos zek for us. We think something is off.
  5. ARCHIVED-Twisty Guest

it's a 4healer fight at the moment if you want to limit luck suck. managing death saves smartly puts her into 1-3 attempt range with a little of EM gear. we had 2 alt healers
    it's not a dps race, so it's not a problem. wacky and limiting in 12man, but not a problem.
  6. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

Twisty wrote:
    Are you say you need 4 healers in the MT group, or just 4 in the X2 raid?
  7. ARCHIVED-aislynn00 Guest

We have always done it with four healers: templar, defiler, and warden in the MT group, something else in the DPS group. At any rate, I agree that this fight is completely unbalanced considering the target audience. We only killed her after the tank and healers had most of their easy-mode gear. Even now, with some of us wearing several pieces of hard-mode armor, it is very far from a trivial fight; Statue of Rallos Zek and King Tormax are much, much easier.
    You want to make the fight more manageable? Render priests immune to the summon and knockback effects. You might also want to tone down the auto-attack damage a tad, but the usual way we wipe--and we do sometimes wipe in that fight, even now--is the MT group shaman being summoned and knocked away.
  8. ARCHIVED-thegriss Guest

We only let the tank get the buff to see if something had changed in GU 60 because she was 1 shotting him. We had him get the buff to see if it would make a difference but it was the same as before he would just die from auto attack.
  9. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

We killed her last night for the 1st time, actually as a guild raid it was the 1st time we tried it too so major sense of achievement :) We only have gloves and forearms EM gear along with a few jewles and cloaks and x2 jewles/weapons. We tanked her in the middle of the room which was annoying for the knock forward but managable. We had guard, warden, defiler, inquis, coercer and assassin in MT group, 2nd group was SK, monk, mystic, dirge, brig and necro. Our members certainly aren't as geared as other here saying it's not possible so i don't know what we did different to you guys?
    We didn't bother porting up to get the buff out of the bubble as we found that when we last tried this fight with a mixed alliance setup you get 1 shotted when hit or charmed and hitting your raid members. It's a hard fight but doable maybe look at how your doing it? I don't know? We finished with a raid wide dps of less than 300k so we're not burning through her in anymeans.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

So her hit rates and multiattack should be lowered next update (Should be this week)
    Also, There is a way to avoid the charm when you have the shadow buff :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

Gninja wrote:
    We did it after 3 pulls without the buff so not going to worry about that one for now ;)
  12. ARCHIVED-Lodengarl Guest

Not to hijack the thread, but the same thing happened to us on Romero last night in TOFS x2. Since farming him with 135% crit mit with some PQ/Ry'Gorr gear, we went in with MT at 178% crit mit, some Drunder x2 armor, all Ry'Gorr, and Romero multi-attacked the MT dead in the first 8 seconds of the fight, 3 times in a row. Finally put in the OT who didn't have the gear and crit mit and we took him down fine again. Can you please look into this?
  13. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Romero has 100% strikethrough. That is more likely what was causing that. It is intended. Aside from the strikethorugh there isn't all that much difficult about him and I am reluctant to make him any less difficult. If you have a brawler handy they can be extremely helpful in that situation :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

For those of you who are having a hard time on the Tserrina Syl'tor encounter here are some tips: First, put 3 healers in the MT group not two. Second, use a brawler MT or have a brawler that has put his avoidance buff on your MT. Third, have two, and only two scout dps grab the buff in the air, right before the mirrors pop. Four, spilt your dps to kill the mirrors, while having your healers and tank or tanks stay in the center to hold adds, while making sure to not have people eat frontals. There are other steps to this fight, but this should give you a solid step in the right direction.
  15. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

There are many people saying, that Brawlers are the most powerful tanks this expansion, even without encounters entirely geared towards them. Why do you need to add an encounter, that becomes trivial with one and a PITA without one?
  16. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

Romero really isn't that hard even without a brawler, people have been 1 grouping the majority of this zone, including that named, without brawlers. Past 2 runs i did on my warden we had a guardian tank, sure it involved using our abilities in concert with each other, but it wasn't difficult. Brawlers have been brilliant tanks for a long time bremer, sadly most people who have a brawler dont want to tank and this fact went unnoticed. Brawlers still have the least group-wide utility though. 1 perma buff on my monk for the raid, and 1 temp buff. All of the plate tanks have more for the group afaik, thats just how it is.
  17. ARCHIVED-aislynn00 Guest

Bremer wrote:
    The truly ridiculous thing is, it really is much easier doing mobs like Tserrina with a brawler tank, which completely defeats the purpose of the guardian, who should be the go-to guy whenever you are dealing with the hardest-hitting boss mobs.
  18. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Hi Gninja,
    thanks for the feedback & modifications :)
    Now, off to some more ToFS x2 raiding.
    Regards, theriatis.
  19. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

We could not return before the last change, but last nigth she was perfectly doable. Apparently she stopped 5 shooting the tank. Raid composition was almost the same.
    On first try we made it to the shinny phase but we failed there due to a classical "don't know the script", irritating. Then some wipes due to the add one shooting flying healers and other mistakes.
    Fun figth.

Two or three questions/remarks :
    - Many mob have to be dispel in DOV, is it possible to separate detrimenal from beneficial effect on your target. Indeed the options too simply hide detrimental would be enough.
    - Is there a way to avoid her kick, at max healing distance i still get it. I wonder if postionning around 130 degree can help. Ths KB is a bit a annoying I m just sned 1 meter away (the throne and wall prevent to be thrown far) but it still interupt cures and heals. Note that this first phase is not difficult (we always passed it) , it's just annoying.
  20. ARCHIVED-Etruscus Guest

Lodengarl wrote:
    We are more or less geared the same, probably a litle worse as we have no drunder gear. We kill, although it's not easy for us. I tank it as a paladin. I can usually get about a minute of personal saves and then it's just roll the dice after that. He has gone straight through my DA and through my stonewall. Recovery can be tricky on this guy, but it's possible. It is designed for a brawler to tank. The entire floor is actually.

The one fight I have a question on (yet another derail) is the CO fight. We always kill her. But, sometimes, she just seems to randomly one shot the tank. I've heard others mention this as well. It's always after the 70% heal. Everything will be going fine and then boom, dead tank.