To those who Raid with thier Rangers. Help needed with CA rotation and AA Spec

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Dalannae, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

now that we've had a week with the new mechanics and AAs would you say there might be some changes in where I put my aas now?
  2. ARCHIVED-Xaiveir Guest

At this point in time, i do not think too much has changed. I have heard a few people say they might actually put a few points into Hawk attack, but nothing too major.

I have not been able to try out the new raids yet in Velious, so i cannot comment on which aa spec is best used there yet. Neiloch or uncle will probably be best to answer that.
  3. ARCHIVED-Grey688 Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    I had the same problem been abit slow to turn off the auto attack so I made another macro button using the command:
    /auto 0
    Sometimes when clicking the auto attack button i had issues with it not turning off correctly but this works a treat.

Hope it helps
  4. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Keltherin@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Honestly, the best way to deal with the problem cause by using those macro's is to just use an /assist hotkey rather then targeting through someone. Using an assist key also prevents you from having to deal with the MA tab targeting something that you have even't started to engage midfight (granted, this happens more often in groups then in raids).
    This way when the mob dies, even if your auto attack is still showing as being toggled on, you won't attack anything until you use your /assist hotkey to target the next mob your MA has targeted.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Keltherin@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    this did the trick ty now I dn't have to have my finger over the escape key and hope it works th /auto 0 macro works well and I have not trouble remembering to use it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Seiffil@Permafrost wrote:
    Hmm /assist %T or T% I'll have to look at my snowball macro I htink I have the syntax there. I could change my target macro to target then /assist right?
  7. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

/assist <tank's name>
    I alter my assist key any time I enter an instance with the name of our tank. Then when I hit my assist key, I get whatever our tank is targetting.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Seiffil@Permafrost wrote:
    Cool may try that.

so I'll change my /target macro I've using to /assist that should work and can do that with the MA also. yeah I always ask who the main and who hte MA is in raids
  9. ARCHIVED-Chorboy01 Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

Hammieee@Everfrost wrote:
    You should really have max pionts in Dexterous Attacks on the Heroic tree... last point makes Sniper Shot double hit, like a spell double attack, and each point gives a new CA that ability, the first being Ember Strike.

Other than that everything you have is pretty standard. If people are having trouble with agro moving points into Cat-like Reflexes helps, I run it because some of my guild's tanks aren't very good at holding agro off me since I have SF raid gear mized in with my DoV stuff and they don't.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Jemoo@Kithicor wrote:
    what about final strike? I put 10 in enhance predators finaly strike and 10 in Killing spree which should I change? and what do I do with the other 8 points when i get them
  12. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

OK anyone have any suggestions on what might change in the ranger tree?

I appear to have 7 unused AA points I dont' recall having before been looking at my screen shot and see nothing differnet then what I had before in AA spent. any suggestions on what to do with the extra?
  13. ARCHIVED-Xaiveir Guest

Throw up screenshots of before and after and we can take a look
  14. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Xaiveir wrote:
    only 2 now found where 5 of them had gone. LOL