To Speak as a Dragon

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Acanthus, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Acanthus New Member

I came back after being gone a couple of years.... I was in the middle of this quest It was sooooo boring I was doing it a little at a time. (Gathering runes phase)

Well now I return and don't see the quest in my journal!

Do I have to start over again? =-/

I never finished this for the prismatic quest line...or shield of Qeynos..., but I think it is required for the class weapons quests.... so I am not excited to have to start over again.
  2. Axterix Active Member

It is required for the class mythical buff, yeah. If you haven't completed (easily checked by seeing if you know the language), maybe it was on a different character?

The one bright side to that annoying quest: once you've done it once on a server, you can bypass the need to gather the runes on subsequent characters there. Just examine the tablet you get as the quest reward. It is heirloom and not no-trade, so can go in the shared bank. And if you lose it, you can always pick up another tablet from the Shady. But on the first character, you do have to gather those runes.
    Feara likes this.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

I hated this quest - it is insanely boring and not very interesting - check to see if you have 2 languages - draconic and Krombral (spelling - giant language)

If you have both of these you've finished the quest - if you only have Krombral, sorry you need to finish the speak as dragon quest - check your quest log and see if it's in there somewhere.

good luck - gotta do this 6 more times in the next 2 months - UGH!!!!
  4. Axterix Active Member

It isn't so bad any time other than the first, since at least you don't have to get all the runes. Well, the quest part anyway (Solusek and its lava constantly crashes my video card driver, so I hate any quest that involves that zone with a passion ;) )
    santargria likes this.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the Solusek Eye crashing. Always and without fail at least once, but usually more than once, I'll crash when I'm on those see through ramps or going into one of the giant room. It's so bad I've put two ph characters there to get me through different points just to avoid those crashes. (I should mention, much to my chagrin, I usually remember too late those characters are there and only remember as I crash...:p )
  6. Sisca Well-Known Member

I don't have problems crashing but I still hate that zone.

What the wife and I did was create a level 85 conjurer on a F2P account and run him down to just outside Naggy's lair. Then whenever anyone in the guild needs the quest just log him in and either CoH them or, if they have it, Call of Veteran them to him. Saves all that running around and minimizes your time actually in the zone with lava.
    Avahlynn likes this.