To Speak As A Dragon (completing on alts)

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Jun 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

I wanted to call out a recent change to this quest.
    As of the launch of Game Update 56: Halas Reborn, any character that completes "To Speak As A Dragon" will receive an heirloom Tablet of Draconic Runes in addition to learning the dragon language.
    While this is an important quest and was a very exciting and community-building event in its time, it is not longer necessary for every alt to do the quest individually. At least one character on your account does need to do the quest the "full" way, but all subsequent alts can simply acquire the quest in the normal manner, then study the tablet when they are on the step to learn the runes. In essence: your first character made excellent notes on the runes s/he studied, it allows him/her to teach your alts the runes directly.
    Of course, if your alts prefer to finish the quest the long way by collecting all the runes, they can still do so.
    Any character who had already completed "To Speak As A Dragon" before this change can obtain a copy of the Tablet of Draconic Runes from Shady Swashbuckler in Nektulos Forest if they wish.
    Apologies that this somehow didn't get into the full update notes, but hopefully this calls it out so everyone will be aware of it now.
  2. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

Great News! worthy of a sticky!
  3. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

Thanks, and this post really should be stickied for at least a while so we can refer people to it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Siniac Guest

Does this mean that there is some way to /claim the Tablet of Draconic Runes for one of my many toons that ran through this quest prior to Game Update 56 for use by my current alt.
    Or does it mean that my current alt has to run it for the possble benefit of some future alt?
    If at all possible it should be /claim. I have been putting off working on my myth on my latest alt as I find I just cant face "To Speak As a Dragon" for what must the 5th or 6th time.
  5. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Siniac wrote:
    I have been told that the Shady Swashbuckler has the tablet available for purchase by characters (not toons) that have completed the quest.

Powers &8^]
  6. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

Anyway we can get this quest changed to signiture or heritage? Also is it possible we can put the draconic rune in our house one day? The length and effort put into this quest has always made it worthy of a heritage or signiture title. Thank you for the rune tho..... very helpful. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Siniac wrote:
    DominoDev wrote:
    Now I need to find out if I completed it on my dirge on my second account, while she doing Claymore or God King quests, if so happy day!

Thank you, Domino and dev team, for listening to the player requests to have a way to only need to do it once per account!
  8. ARCHIVED-kcirrot Guest

I bought my tablet from the Shady one last night and thank the dev team for a great addition!
  9. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

I also second the notion for it being made into a house item, a nice big tablet with glowing runes and maybe two dragons framing the left and right sounds good!
  10. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    Pretty sure it's marked Hallmark, which these days is even more rare than Signature. What would recategorizing it accomplish?
  11. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Wooooohoooo!!!
    Making it a house items would be nice, too. But I'm happy. Thanks for the change.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    Not sure a house item could be kept to usable by alts on the same account, though, in the way a heritage item is. House items are usually owner only or owner + trustee only. If it was owner only, that would make it.. umm.. pointless. If it was trustee limited, that would expand it beyond the desired scope.
    But.. it would be nice for it to be an inert house item that can be clickified when in inventory. That way it could be displayable but then only work when put into the shared bank and then moved into an alt's inventory. But... there isn't any current way to make -that- possible. Just like there's no current way to have an heirloom item be lore-place for the respec mirror.
  13. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

Siniac wrote:
    "Any character who had already completed "To Speak As A Dragon" before this change can obtain a copy of the Tablet of Draconic Runes from Shady Swashbuckler in Nektulos Forest if they wish."
  14. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Too bad this item isnt house or hall placeable. For those with multiple accounts it would be more useful but none the less, alt-o-holics rejoice.
    I do find it odd that we, as travelers of Norrath, are so unable to share knowledge with other players. Things found in relics and books we have acquired. We cant say - "Here read this book or research this item" instead we are relegated to "Travel to XX location and then do all the things in this laundry list, kill a bunch of these mobs and then you too will learn what I learned".
    Just seems odd thats all.
  15. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    It is odd. It has to be odd. It's part of the cognitive dissonance/suspension-of-disbelief needed to play MMOs.
    The same way that two raid forces can be killing exactly the same Named dragon at the same time, and then they can both do it again a week later. And a week after that. And the dragon never learns and moves somewhere else or changes tactics; he just regathers a Fabled hoard after his healer (who you can't ever find) rezzes him, and waits for the next raid to come steal it away again.
    And every one of the raiders can have "The" Bone-Bladed Claymore hanging on their bedroom wall. Maybe a nice geometric pattern of "The" Claymores if their alts hang them there, too.
    It's either "believe what you know to be untrue" and accept the re-usable content, or expect that every alt in the game will have their own slate of individualized quests and their own supply of Named mobs to kill.
  16. ARCHIVED-Haciv Guest

This went in shortly after I finished Draconic on my 24th alt. Good timing.
  17. ARCHIVED-Wastura Guest

Domino, will you have my children? 'Cause I love you. /cry It's just so beautiful. Thank you.

This is the first /feedback I've had that has actually happened and my faith in the development team is completely restored.
  18. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Finally having the chance to use the tablet, I like the implementation. You don't skip the quest so much as cut out needless running around. Thanks for this addition.
  19. ARCHIVED-Seertam Guest

I have completed this the old way on numerous alts but the last time I did, it was nasty to say the least.
    I was taking my Qeynos based Warden through and merrily sailed into North Freeport at 82 thinking I could just walk in and collect the rune from the library. No way - I wondered what had struck me. Those Basilisk on either side of the door are now 95 ^^^ (I think that many^^^). I used a Freeport alt on another account and positioned her safely beside the rune and the warden being a High Elf was able to call herself into the room. Once there she was careful not to move a muscle as there was yet another 95 ^^^ right nearby.
    Am I happy with this change - YOU BET!!! I still have more alts coming up and to have to figure my way past that lot on some of the others was perplexing to say the least. Thank you for this nice little change.
  20. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Totally awesome! Thank you :D