To play on test or not...

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Lothorn, Mar 21, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Lothorn Guest

Hello folks,

I played EQ from beta till just after OOW, moved over and tried EQ2 for a couple of months before moving on to other games. I have resubbed and started playing on Everfrost, but I have already had some in game issues with rude/obnoxious people which has turned me off to the server.
    A friend who played for years told me once that the test server was a much more civil community if a bit sparse, which leads me to come here and post the question. Should I play on Test?
    What can I exect on test as far as player count, guilds, broker volume, etc. I doubt I will ever raid, I am just enjoying the game and nostalgia of the world/towns/game.
    What will I miss out on playing on test vs. a traditional server?
    What (if any) perks are there to playing on test from the lowbie/middle ranges of the game heading toward cap?

Thanks for any feedback,
    Lothorn
    re-newbie'd with 7 years of vet rewards :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Perks: Test has a permanent 50% xp bonus over live servers.
    The big thing test 'gets' is the ability to see content before it goes live.. in it's orginal and buggy form. The idea is, or at least was, that peoiple who are used to such an environment are better at finding bugs as they're used to looking.. and they tend not to get as upset when this or that bug breaks the game.. because they KNOW they're dealing with buggy code.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lothorn Guest

Thanks for the quick reply. I didnt know about the exp bonus, that applies to AA gains as well?
    What about the broker, will I be able to find basic things for sale like large capacity bags, etc?

Lothorn
  4. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

It applies for adventure XP, Tradeskill XP, AA and guild level.
    Brokering is low but we tend to barter a lot. Some of us have tons of crafters and will be happy to help you and even give stuff to you. Prices on broker are mostly around fuel cost. Some shinies may be at 120 plats or so. Such a price means that you're supposed to send a mail to the seller to ask for the item instead of buying it.
    You'll have troubles finding adepts and dropped stuff due to low population (but we're supposed to have a code in that allows for more master drops). On the chapter of crafters, you'll find all recipes up to level 69 on the bookworm (special Test-only NPC in the tower of the moon in Maj'dul). Bookworm also have the tradeskill instances books. Books 70 and up can be quested for so with a bit of factionning you can get them for you and your alts.
    I'll go put some boxes on broker if you need them.
  5. ARCHIVED-Hordolin Awanagin Guest

We are usually friendly and helpful except the occasional bout of snark chiding someone for acting like an illiterate 6 year old. Then again it's mostly being snarky.
    Expect most of your play time to be solo. /join test.test from any server if you want to chat before actually making a character on the server.
    Hordolin/Ohoh/Lophae are the toons I play most but adding others.