To all the short minded people against a dps-fury.

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-Onyxcrypt, Feb 25, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-CodeKiller Guest

BAHAHAHA Bait!! Bait is all it was, just doing an ego check, and I see it's still there, are you going to change it to no comment now. BAHAHAHAHAHA

Superstar hahahaha that is rich.

Message Edited by CodeKiller on 10-23-2006 09:13 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-lmhotep Guest

Man onyx cant you see your making yourself look very stupid in this thread...
    No fury can costistenly parse anywhere near a warlock/wizard thats simply NOT possible no matter how many masters you have and how skilled you think you are.
    Yes i can parse 1K+ dps to but thats only possible in rather short fights and NOT in fights wich last a few minutes.
    Warlocks/wizards and any other dps class can do that amount in the longer fights and thats what a DPS class means.
    Its cool we can do some rather nice damage but the claims you are making are just very silly and no other fury will believe you.
  3. ARCHIVED-TehDrunkenFury Guest

That's the only thing in this thread that delivers.

lawlz.
  4. ARCHIVED-T'Pol Guest

You are referring to Onyxcrypt as "it" ? I find that really rude.
    If he wants to nuke with his fury let him do so.
    He may have some odd opinions in how to play the class but i think it would be very boring if every person would play a class the same way.

Greetings from the wardens board btw :smileytongue:
  5. ARCHIVED-CodeKiller Guest

Well lemon if you read most of the thread, the rudeness started way back before I referred to him as an it, and techincally speaking since it is not real, It can be used appropriately. So please don't butt in after 3 pages of thread have been posted, and post a worthless 2cent warden oppinion. If he was genuine about his post instead of being an egomonger, then deleting his own posts, to save face, we fury's in this community, probably wouldn't have been so sarcastic, or atleast some of us wouldn't have. Hi from the Fury Boards and Welcome btw.

Message Edited by CodeKiller on 10-31-2006 09:30 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-de lorian Guest

HI,
    Im not a fury but i was looking at posting here to find out what u see a furies role on a raid as being. We have a fury that refuses to play the role of healer. He insists on dps'ing, and when our MT drops and cant help but feel like blaming him as being part of the problem.
    I know Furies can do ok dps but i feel that in a raid situation, that is not there role. There are classes that do it better and a fury using up power/time on dps is not helping the raid.
    what is the fury communities take on this ?

NM....i found a good thread alittle further back which kind of filled me in on the Fury role :)
    Message Edited by de lorian on 11-06-2006 06:39 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Just because he sees all the pretty numbers on the parse does not mean he is a dps class. Half of a dps's role is controling agro... they live constantly on a knife edge between death and damage. Furys have 1 deagro spell... on a long timer... sure it helps in a rough spot but it is nothing you can be relied upon. If a fury pulls agro this is what happens:

• The mob turns and people who were once behind the mob are now subjct to frontal AoEs, and riposites
    • Turning the mob plays havoc with poistional damage (backstab), having to move to counter this may bring ADDs
    • If the mob moves towards the fury the tank naturally runs to catch up - sometimes out of range from the healers and once again subject to more ADDs
    • Hitting his deagro again so themob spins back to the tank subjects everyone in his turning circle to the same frontal AoE's and riposies .. plus the positional dpser have to move ... again.
    • If the fury dies, the mob has prob moved from his orginal possition. Casters may be out of range, within range but subject to AoE attacks, possitional dps may grab adds from an unfavourable position.
    • If the fury dies.... you've lost:
      • priest buffs
      • someone who can rez
      • someone who can heal
      • damage
    OK... say now he's perfect at controlling his agro and he knows more tricks than anyone and discounts all of those factors on tecnicalities and clever placement... he will NEVER out damage a real dpser. Someone who pulls agro in a raid comprimises the whole raid and not just themselves, that is why damage dealers have all those deagro tricks.

I'm not saying Furys cannot do a lot of damage and I do throw a few nukes in there when I'm raiding but if I raid with my fury I'm there for one purpose and one purpose only... to keep my group and that of the MT alive; a fury who believes somethgn other than that when they enter that raid zone is kidding themselves.
  8. ARCHIVED-CodeKiller Guest

I'd say if you have a fury that only wants to DPS and won't even help the tank stay alive, is a major set back in your raid strats. I heal, and spam heal the tank, I throw out cures and I nuke. 2 fabled hearts and 2 fabled shards really help out with mana to do this function. I am either in the DPS grp to keep the squishies alive, or in the Offtank Grp to maintain their health, but my main job is to keep the tank up. I have all masters for heals and nukes and buffs, and for me to even try to make the parse on the dps, at 13k I need a hope and a pray. Fury's are offensive healers, and provide a much needed heals and cures in raids.
    Tell the fury to start healing or show him the door. Secondly you have to question this players motives if he's letting the tank drop in a raid and he is a healer. If I did that I could see a /guild remove coming my way.
  9. ARCHIVED-rudi Guest

Are you actually serious or are you having a laugh?

Yes furies are dps healers but so is inquisitor a dps healer it doesnt mean that you are top dps because you can nuke more then any other healer, hell your big nuke is a wizards baby nuke and your aoe warlocks would laugh at you if you even tried to compete with them..

Classes like your buffs more then your actual damage and if you are not healing and just dpsing you blatently suck at playing this game (yeah i agree stats are up to you and even the way you want to play but if im in your group or raid and im dieing because you are being stupid and nuking when in truth a bard/ench can probably out dps you i am going to say you suck).

As to over 700 int woohoo so what? it's not even implemented in the game yet you are still capped? so how can you be the best? when they raise the cap what you going to aim for 1000 int and no wis+mita? so what about a wizard with 1000 int he would make you look silly on a parse. I don't get your reason except you want to be different, but if you want to be different([expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]) then don't come here calling people short minded

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] is up with your sig this is a game (your big selfesteem will not make furys into some sort of god which obviously you wanted) no matter what you put in your sig your still just a healer and if you decide to ignore that fact and concentrate on dps then you are wasting your char and i feel sorry for your groups/raids. with saying all this it's your game play it the way you want to
  10. ARCHIVED-Gutwrench Guest

Was doing the cyclops in PoF (lvl 57-59^^^) in a group.

Fury (me), Bruiser (offensive, my GF sitting next to me), Monk (level 57 tank), Brigand (lvl 56 dps of course).

My GF and I were both lvl 54 at the time. I was at the top of the DPS chart as healer and nuker... everyone in the group was decked outi n mastercrafted jewelry and gear, I have all my nukes and heals mastered. We were killing a ^^^ about every 25 seconds. No one ever needed downtime (I passed out totems for power regen.)

We even took out a named group of mobs, named was 59^^^ with two ^ adds, no one died in the entire time there (over 3 hours).

So I was able to keep the FOUR PERSON GROUP alive on HARD content for what levels we were and still be at the top of DPS at that level.

If I can continue this pattern I'll be fine with being a dps/healer.

(And yes, it takes constant clicking to keep dps/healing up... pain in the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] actually >.>)
  11. ARCHIVED-Katxim Guest

You're pulling groups of nameds by fighting cyclopses, not single mobs. You're parsing well because you can use our ae in a big group of mobs. You didn't have a warlock in the group or you would have been spanked. I'll bet a decently equipped swashy would have out dps'd you as well.

Against a single mob the brigand should have been putting you to shame... unless the brigand totally sucked.

This will not be usual for the fury class at high end in raids. Hope you don't get too used to it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gutwrench Guest

No, most of the cyclopses are singles, just saying we were able to take the named.

And I'm using this method... while the mob is still running to the tank... dot/dot/strike/AE(yes I know it's a single mob but I'm not desperate for mana)/dot/dot.

Hard to outdo that dps, which I was able to do on every single mob.

And I don't care about raiding =) I won't raid much, might occasionally, and I EXPECT to only heal on raids.

And in 20 seconds, it just doesn't seem a brigand can put out 10k dmg like I can at this level... (hit/miss ratio and all that hubbub considering the mobs levels).

And usually on the named I would fall behind in DPS, he would trash the tank hard, always had to use my timered heals and porcupine for a little while (with dot heals on him of course) and let him use his mend. Really slowed my DPS =P

And yes, the other day when I was healing (this was at level 52) in War Room of Clefts, there was a bad **** swashy that was VERY competitive for 1st place in DPS. (We traded first place back and forth)

Either you're saying EVERY dps class I've ever grouped with sucked, or you won't admit at my current level I can heal and DPS rather well =P

Oh yea, having a brig in the group only heals me more lol, lets my nukes go from 2500 crits to 3200 crits.
    Message Edited by Gutwrench on 11-07-2006 10:51 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Katxim Guest

No, I'm saying that while you may be able to do decent dps at your present level in some group set ups, don't expect the scenario to continue, particularly if you intend to raid.

I'm not referring to healing instead of DPSing on raids, either. Even if you go all out DPS on a raid, on group mobs, you may make the parse... but you'll never be at the top of it when going against warlocks, wizards, swashies, conjs, necros, assassins, brigands, etc etc etc.
  14. ARCHIVED-Goozman Guest

I can easily say every dps class you've grouped with sucked. For example, on my 70 wizard there are only 3 people out of at least 50 people I've grouped with who could even beat 1/3 my dps, and one of em is my own cousin who I would like to think was partially trained by me. My cousin and I also play a monk/mystic duo, currently 60, and we have not yet found a dps class that can compete with my TANKING monk's dps... People just either don't know [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] to do or don't give a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].
    Furies do not have the means to outdps an equally skilled dps class.
    I give you this example, cuz it's the easiest to compare.
    Fury: Tempest: 240-293 instantly and every 2 seconds. Duration: 8 seconds. Cast: 2 seconds. Recast: 8 seconds. ADR: 266.5
    Warlock: War Pyre: 275-510 instantly and 165-306 every 2 seconds. Duraton: 10 seconds. Cast: 2 seconds. Recast: 8 seconds. ADR: 314
    Wizard: Irradiate: 439-816 instantly and 165-306 every 2 seconds. Duration: 8 seconds. Cast: 2 seconds. Recast: 6 seconds. ADR: 314
    Fury: Thunderbolt: 1540-2567. Cast: 3 seconds. Recast: 15 seconds. ADR: 111
    Warlock: Void Distortion: 1707-3171. Cast: 3 seconds. Recast: 12 seconds. ADR: 157.36
    Wizard: Ball of Lava: 1707-3171. Cast: 3 seconds. Recast: 9 seconds. ADR: 195.1
    Fury: Starnova: 1678-2051. Cast: 4 seconds. Recast: 20 seconds. *ADR: 228.3

Warlock: Void Absolution: 1528-2838. Cast: 4 seconds. Recast: 12 seconds. *ADR: 396.9
    Wizard: Glacial Wind: 407-757 instantly and every 3 seconds. Duration: 9 seconds. Cast: 4 seconds. Recast: 16 seconds. *ADR: 340.68
    *Assumes 3 targets

You see where I'm going with this. Sorcerers have similar versions of every damage spell Furies have (and more, obviously), only theirs are stronger and much faster. It is fact, not opinion, that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a Fury to beat that unless the sorcerer sucks.
    Updatage: I decided to post real numbers; such is my way. These are all adept 3 out of my recipe book with over 510int. (w t f colors aren't working right)
    Message Edited by Goozman on 11-07-2006 04:17 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

And Sorcers for all their complaining at lack of hate reducing effects have more than Furys and can keep this up for longer without getting agro.
  16. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

Reasons a DPS based fury should re-roll as a Mage of some sort.
    1.) You are expected to heal and when you don't you will be rightfully called a buttmonkey and kicked from the group.
    2.) Your DPS will never be equal to a class who was designed for DPS... if you can boot your int to 450 they can use the same tactics to get thiers higher.
    3.) INT.... not only do they have more but it impacts thier power pool in addition to the DPS increase that you use it for as a fury... it allows you to have a single stat to focus on for raids.
    4.) Aggro reducers
    5.) I think they have better resist rates
    6.) Cloth + Aggro = dead just as much as leather + aggro = dead... there is no gain or loss there.
    No matter how hard you argue... you can not dispute those facts.
    I have tried odd class combinations before... I have used Paladin/WHM in FFXI and some other odd stuff... I will tell you that even if the mana pool wasn't complete butt (because it wasn't at early levels) that the pain and hassle of trying to explain that you were not a tank was simply NOT WORTH IT. If I wanted to heal it was way easier and efficient to just be WHM/RDM or WHM/BLM like every one else.
    I do agree the Fury can crank out some decent DPS... but I will never agree that it is worth to ignoring your job as healer and pretend to be a mage. I will agree if you have 2 healers in a group (non-raid) because it just worked out that way then by all means DPS because you will make most healers look **** on DPS and they should be able to do the job by themselves. But to decide you will not heal because you are DPS and not a healer... heh.... I bet you are popular.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gutwrench Guest

*shrug* If you think a lvl 55 DPS class can do more than 450 DPS (my current as a Fury that is also keeping the entire group alive) consistantly on every mob (with a pull every 20 seconds, on mobs 4-5 levels higher than them), than I guess I'll have to admit defeat =P
    And I like your little list of casters spells. Now tell me do any of them have a 40% crit rate? Try putting that into the equation =P How about you add in the new buff at the end of the nuke line that adds 50% dmg? =P Tell me Furies cannot be a DPS class.
    So, lets see, 1540 (at the lowest)... + the crit, and + the 50% dmg... in the least our primary nuke will do 3k-5k... yep... we have HORRIBLE dps... we shouldn't be allowed to nuke.
    And I always put health bars > dmg. I just do the dmg to help the group (and no I don't post parses, did it once in a group that asked for it and the DPS left cause they got angry.)
    And that little arguement above me, I have over 50% to ALL my resists... I have 440ish wis and 420ish int.... at level 55... I think I'm doing pretty [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] good for my level, and my compensation for it is being able to DPS like crazy hell inbetween heals.
    Message Edited by Gutwrench on 11-09-2006 10:23 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

Gutwrench... if they can't out DPS you... they suck.

the new AA buff in EoF BTW is 50% with 50% more cost as well and short duration... would be nice if you quote the whole thing... you could confuse some newbs.

However on my post I said giving up healing like the original poster was talking about.... you are saying IN BETWEEN healing... that is vastly different... Still not the path I wanted to take BUT.... I won't say it's a bad choice... I did have my AAs set like that for a while in KoS it's just as a 2 boxer I typically ignore the fury except when healing that way I am never mid cast on a nuke when I need to heal... because my timing can be off when 2 boxing. It worked GREAT when my nephew used the fury and it was acceptable since the other KoS AA lines have moderate returns in comparison to the nice returns on the DPS line.... but IMHO in my case I wasn't mashing those buttons enough to justify it. Someone single boxing who does do the occasional nuke at a higher rate than i do would make more use of the larger bonuses that line had to offer and end up possibly being a bigger contribution to a team... IF THEY HEAL TOO. Which you implied you do... and the OP said he did not.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gutwrench Guest

I guess 95% of the DPS classes on Crushbone suck between 1-60 >.>
  20. ARCHIVED-Katxim Guest

Dude, you're not comprehending. You've got multiple 70 Furies here telling you something. No one said that under certain circumstances / in certain group set ups, etc, we can't do good DPS. We can. But in the majority of circumstances, Furies are no where on the radar for top of the DPS parse.
    You are currently at a sweet spot for Furies. In 15 more levels it will be a different ball game. Heck, in *5* levels, it will be a different ball game.
    Message Edited by Katxim on 11-09-2006 02:32 PM