[TLE] When is the EOF vote?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Average, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

2. Adevil Well-Known Member

3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

lol i was just posting that the vote was up...
    Adevil likes this.
  4. Cherna New Member

I agree with the first part of it being horrible for casual players now. I don't want to play Dark Souls: Norrath Edition. Hard content is one thing, but when my fully AA'd expert necro tank has 1 bubble of health taken off every second on solo mobs three levels below me..... they went WAY too far. Even the raiders are complaining that trash hits multiple times harder than named mobs.

However, you do have the ability *not* to pay. After a month of nightmare mode content with no acknowledgement from Daybreak on what they were going to do about it (if anything), I cancelled my membership. They sent me a "why'd you leave" survey and I let them know that as soon as they fix the difficulty issues I'll sign back up in a hot minute.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  5. Dr_jones Member

Necros, conjs, illies, and coercers are by far the strongest classes out there right now. They are able to solo 3^^^ named like nothing. Heck I have run almost every KoS instance with a summoner pet tanking because we couldn't find a tank. Content is harder but the only real complaint from me is raid trash and itemization.

Now as for EoF I am voting yes because I would like to make an alt and not have to level in the same places again..
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

That's actually an interesting point. The good faction will have one more starting city than evil faction?
  7. Jaden Well-Known Member

-----------------------

Important points all - but from what Kaitheel said yesterday, the staff's "goal" he mentioned was that for instance, the difficulty of mobs in the solo questlines, along with other issues were to be tackled by/with EoF:

*********** https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...imelines-cloak-quest-mobs-overpowered.567819/ ************

In particular note this near the end of his post: "...it's a change that they hope to bring to the TLE servers with the next content unlock (Echoes of Faydwer), if not sooner, depending on when the unlock occurs."

Perhaps there is something that comes along with EoF which makes it technically more accessible for the devs to adjust the 'adjustments' already adjusted? Just musing here...
  8. Axaqi Member

Meh, I wouldn't keep falling for any more of this "we'll do something unspecified sometime in the future" bs.
    It was done in vanilla and it was done in DoF. Just another stalling tactic to fool the easily gullible and keep the subscriptions going.

I am voting a big loud NO for EoF.
  9. Cherna New Member

No, we WERE able to solo 3^^^ mobs. Now those same mobs tear through the necro tank pet like butter. Every other spell (solo) MUST be an expert pet heal spell or it dies and you die even faster. The regular level 61 solo mobs in TT are only do-able if you're playing with a healer. The only pets that make any of it work are charmed mob pets, which aren't available in every single area, and again it's only because they are overpowered to begin with.
  10. Dr_jones Member

I hate pull a Sprok but sounds like you are bad at this game. Summoners and enchanters are able to solo named in all of KoS. I see it all the time.
  11. Cherna New Member

Wow, that's really helpful. Yes, every single person in my guild must be god awful, considering they also have played on live for the past 8 years and know the game like the back of their hand.

There is one tank pet spell. There is one heal pet spell. There are pet buffs and AA buffs. All of which are maxxed out so I am not sure how "git good!" is an argument here. Of course I can solo things that are below me, any class can. And I used to be able to solo 3^^^ mobs all the time that were around my level or higher. The only way to do it now is by charming a mob pet, since every mob in KoS (except nameds, somehow) has crazy dps.

Sorry but I was having fun before and now I am not, so I unsubbed. I'm not alone in doing so. I guess once the population dips past where the PvP server is, the hardcore folks can have fun feeling all good at the game and elitist. Whee.
  12. Satyr Well-Known Member

We were tanking t7 raid content with a conjuror pet, even the trash 4 x 4 encounters in Lyceum...

I actually don't understand how people are this bad at the game, I really don't want to be dick but when I see posts like this and earlier posts from a guy claiming his group can't kill grey or green solo mobs I almost feel like I must be playing a different game to everyone else.

Are people just lying because they miss being able to solo farm zones? Our conj was duoing HoF with a warden anyway.
  13. Galdenya/Sigon Active Member

I do not condone this for anyone with some sanity left in them.
  14. Cherna New Member

Then don't. People I have met on the server itself over the past four months have been really awesome, so it's a little disconcerting how a core group of dicks basically rule the official forums. I want Daybreak to see what I'm posting and see if other people are having the same experience, that's all (which they are).

I died plenty of times in TT to blue con non-heroic mobs. One at a time is fine, but three is death. And yes, you should be able to solo a few at a time without major frustration or constant repairs.
    Meneltel likes this.
  15. Desmona Member

Vote yes so we can get that one day of dev time.
  16. Satyr Well-Known Member

If you look at my post history I generally try to be constructive, but some people are making claims so ludicrous I find them hard to believe, that isn't an accusation against you personally by the way, just generally. Someone tried to claim today that their group is wiping to grey and green solo mobs.

My paladin can solo about 15 of those mobs (but paladins, I know) but even my Wizard which I hand leveled in TT @ 60 could handle more than 3 of the solo mobs. At 70 he can comfortably solo farm things like the blue ^^ dragon on the Isle of Awakened in Barren Sky.

I'm not a summoner, but I found soloing on my sorcerer to be fairly easy, which is a much weaker soloing class. When I say that you're doing something wrong, I'm not trying to be a prig, but seriously, you're doing something wrong. Maybe the heal staff from t6 will help you a bit? There's almost certainly a problem with your AA spec and/or your itemisation.
  17. Sprok Active Member

Rule #1 of soloing as a Conjurer. Don't use the tank pet.
  18. Galdenya/Sigon Active Member

^True story, if you're scout can't handle it then you won't be killing it even if you managed to keep the tank alive a bit longer. For our duo runs we used tank pet simply because there was a dedicated healer. You can't afford to sacrifice that much dps for some tankiness. It doesn't equal out enough and you end up with a much longer fight due to the dps drop than your newfound tankiness means very little.