[TLE] Some tailor recipes are really hard, why?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Toxify, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Toxify Member

I might be missing something here, I'm hoping someone can enlighten me.
    I'm a 34 Tailor, doing rush orders. The first few items are super easy to make, but the last two are very hard.

For example:

-Bloodcloth Shawl: First tick, takes me to the later half of the second progress bar, sometimes the third. It's a fast craft. 30 seconds maybe. Durability is almost never in danger of dropping to the third bar.

-Etched Leather Sack: first tick, takes me to about 25% of the first bar (or less), progress is extremely slow, and durability is almost always in danger of blowing up to the third bar. These take over a minute to craft.

Why are these particular items so much more difficult?
    I haven't noticed this happening on my Jeweler.
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

When AoM launched dev decided to make most recipes easier to craft. They did this by giving a huge progress boost to the first tick. Not all recipes were changed in this way. There is some sort of system the dev that made the changes used. It isn't completely haphazard, but trying to say its logical would be a stretch.

So it isn't that the throwing weapons are harder, its the armor is easier. And if you think the normal recipes are difficult this is a demonstration that the changes made to crafting are hampering you from discovering how to use counters properly. Much like how using a mercenary ******* players from learning how to make the most of their class abilities because they grow up in an environment where they don't need to make the most of their abilities so they never learn to.

All in all, when you hit any of the lethal counter quest crafting recipes it should be "fun". Good luck with that.
  3. Toxify Member

Ok, that's nice info, but the issue is still strange to me because it's only a couple of items that seem to be overly difficult.
    I have an armorer and jeweler that are around the same level. There is nothing like that in their recipes. Everything is fast, rush orders are quick.
    So on the Tailor I craft the first 4 items on the list for the Rush order no problem. But for the Etched leather sack, it takes almost 1.5 min, and occasionally the durability backfires and drops to 3 bars, despite having spent all my AA, and countering. Also, this is a level 32 item while I'm level 34.
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

While its a little difficult at 30, counters are good enough to restore durability. Just spam the durability counters when you can. Counters will improve again at 40 and basically stay the same after that. Before 30 the counters aren't really effective.

Umm...just to make sure, there are 3 counters that build durability, at a cost of power/progress/success %. There are also 3 counters that build progress at a cost of power/durability/success %. Use them as appropriate. Generally speaking with the shorter crafting times you can afford to spam progress with little to no chance of failure. But when crafting time is normal you need to consider the idea that you might need to build durability. If you ever do the daily/weekly crafting quests in DoV you'll need to build durability because the combines are much longer than normal.
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. zoee New Member

I understand what you are saying. I have one of each crafter level 100 and some of the crafters I was not able to do the rush orders at a lower level. It is important you counter your durability. If your internet connection is laggy that may also be a factor. It gets better but during these times of struggle stay focused. Also you can adjust your tradeskill/ prestige AA to aid yourself during these trying tradeskill times. Trade skilling has gotten much easier than how it was way way back when you had to construct your flasks and have a bank full of bits and pieces of crafting components as an alchemist. Good luck and hang in there!
  6. harvash Active Member

I am actually leveling a tailor right now, currently in the 40's. I have 100 alchy and half-dozen 90+ crafters.

I don't notice the issue during rush orders that you mention.

-- Do you have your tradeskill AA's set (durability, progress, etc.)
    -- I ALWAYS counter a reaction with a +progress skill
    -- I can't get in game right this second, but I know I do something like 4,5,6 using 1 to counter instead of 4 when that reaction comes up.

I'll check when I get home for the specific skills - don't know if I re-arranged them or not! I do know that things required more +durability until I got the lion's share of the TS AA's set.