[TLE] So can we get rid of the botters?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sagian, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Sagian New Member

Really disappointed these guys have been allowed to flourish on the new servers, pretty much defeats the whole point. Spare me the EULA spin BS, have literally heard some of these guys admit/brag about it in chat/vc.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Screen-shot it and send it to them.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

All you need to do is petition it, if you have a screen shot all the better. I can guarantee it if you put it in the right category and calmly, politely tell them exactly what went on, toon names, where, what time. They will look into it and get back to you very quickly, like it only took one day for me to receive a note back. Of course they cannot discuss the disposition, but they certainly are taking this very seriously.

Also remember, boxing is allowed and is completely different from botting.
    Kittybock, HaphazardAllure and Finora like this.
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

/report <player name> to capture what was said

followed by a /petition is more effective than a screen shot.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  5. Turboadn New Member

I could be wrong but sounds like he was talking about boxers and not botters. a bot usually doesn't talk back.
    On AB there was a lot of people who had a full group under their control, they would run dungeons and sell loot rights in chat.
    Nothing was done about that then, not sure it will be different here. =(
  6. thepowersthatbe Member

Nope.. they wont do anything they lose money if they ban them even though the program they use injects/hooks into eq2.. they could easily write a script to detect this.. like WARDEN that blizzard uses for all its games..
  7. thepowersthatbe Member

spare me not a botter but a boxer bullcrap.. all the botters do play the game they just usually play the main tank while there group/raid is being controlled via a bot program.. trust me.. I know the in and outs of this world for over 10 yrs,,,, that's how the botters try and hide themselves they claim to be legit boxer but thing is they think people are dumb but I don't care what they say none of the AOM content can be legit boxed there are to many scripts and they need the bot program to clear the zones..and spare me coming in here saying blah blah legit boxer.. I call BS and will never believe its not a bot...and FYI im bud with most of all the botters on ab/Freeport and we talk in vent all the time.. but I now think its time to get rid of them they are killing the game..
  8. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

I heard EQ1 is throwing up a no boxing allowed server. That would be interesting. Maybe this boxing is occurring more on Stormhold than no Deathtoll. We can just kill em all on Deathtoll. hehehe
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Tis very interesting indeed!
    Moonpanther likes this.
  10. Shurrikan Member

They need to do something about it. Ive probably seen 10-15 botted groups running around. Not to mention the crafting bots going wild.
  11. Rozyn Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, have you heard how they plan to implement that ban? I would love to see multi-boxing nixed on TLE servers. Nothing like trying to quest when an SK with 5 Necros autofollowing comes up and destroys the area.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

How would they police that? I can run two clients on separate monitors using one keyboard and mouse, alternating between them. How could I be stopped from doing that? I'm not using any 3rd party software.

Granted I can't do much with just two toons, but 2>1
    Kittybock likes this.
  13. Sagian New Member

Yeah I'm cool with a little multi boxing, but when I'm watching a guy tanking a grp in another zone like hes rambo while hes also running 3 crafters like clockwork thats not boxing. Got my first suspicions watching one of the crafters while i was crafting, after that i had guildies scout out his other toons, dude had 2 50adv/49ts toons and 2 more 49 crafters in the time its taken the fastest people to just get 50 on either side............
  14. Ynnek Well-Known Member

The statement was they were going to lock it to one client per physical PC for EQ1 TLP. So people dragging around a healer on a second box would be fine. But someone wanting to run a group of 5, would need 5 pcs. Removing the ability to multi-client would remove the majority (but not all) of the most egregious problems, while not impacting the majority (though not perfectly) of the simple multi-boxers.

How many would dig out 4 old laptops to continue running their group? Not many, (but some would), so it's an imperfect solution to a complicated problem.
  15. trixster Active Member

It'll take 1 day for people to learn how to set up virtual mechines.
    geterdone and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  16. Mowse Well-Known Member

Confusing. Posted in tradeskill makes you think complaint is about bots... harvesting? But you are talking about raids. How are bots used I treadmills? I saw a recent post that assumed low level harvesters were bots
  17. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

18. Feldon Well-Known Member

19. trixster Active Member

yes
  20. Mowse Well-Known Member

I hate auto correct... not Treadmills.. of course its Tradeskills. so? what are we talking about here? Botting tradeskillers?