[TLE PvP] Are bards solid for a solo/duo player?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by eltk, Aug 4, 2015.

1. eltk New Member

Due to time constraints I mostly play solo or occasionally duo.

Can anyone with experience let me know if Bards would be a solid choice for casual Solo PvE / PvP?

I haven't had any issues so far into the high teens, but there is a pretty big time sink left to hit 50 and I'd hate to find the class not viable for my goals at higher level.

And, yes, I know in PvP that I'm not going to win against a group solo; I just want to know if bards can have fun and competitive 1v1's in the wild.
  2. trixster Active Member

What is this bard of which you speak. Dirge or Trouby. I wont know either way though but it might mater.
  3. eltk New Member

Currently a Dirge, but I could exile and back to switch to troub if it was better for my play style.
  4. trixster Active Member

Good point.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

Bards are buffers for groups. They do ok dps and debuff others well, but a rogue or predator would do more damage.

If you're mostly solo, it's not the easiest class to play or kill others with. But if you like it, play it.
  6. Seefar Well-Known Member

@OP: Yes. Duo: definitely. Solo, not so much.
    Depends, of course, how much you value the rush.
  7. eltk New Member

Thanks for the responses. As I play solo about 75% of the time, I think I'll try a brig and just use the Dirge when my friend is on.
  8. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

Troubador is an amazing solo class. At level 50 you can take 2 maybe even 3 people on at once with some practice. You get a mez, a charm, a snare and a stifle.

In groups they are extremely desired. The magic group buff and regen/resist buffs make your group land spells better and resist enemy spells more often.
  9. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Bards are awesome, they hit like mack trucks, troub has more than dirge, but both are still great
    Ardur Duradan likes this.
  10. Ilovecows Active Member

Bards do pretty well solo on lower levels and against strictly melee classes like warriors and brawlers. A bard (at least on my dirge) can't win against an equally geared scout unless I do something tricky like fear them into mobs or off a cliff when they are low on health. Solo without being all tricky, you are pretty much not going to have a shot against another scout and you won't have the dps other scouts have to burn through a quality healer. Against crusaders you will never win (but they are crusaders) and mages are more even fights but it can be tough to deal with summoner and really well played enchanters.

Bards rely fairly heavily on magic damage (moreso troubs) which is very weak at 50. Your main single target bomb will hit for maybe 200 or 300 damage near cap. Don't expect much more. Dirges fair a little better since they are more reliant on physical damage than the troub, but you are still going to be out matched by any rogue or predator at cap. This is my experience, at least as a (more often than not) solo level 46 dirge in the top 50 for pvp kills on the server.