[TLE] New Templar help

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Dimek, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Dimek Member

So I leveled a templar on Fallen gate server and am learning the class. He is 60. Now KoS unlock is in a few weeks, so I am looking for some tips on AA path. Any help would be greatly appreciated as well as any macro tips or anything. Thanks.
  2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Since you are capped at 50 AA points in KoS, INQs and Templars will be using the same template.

Intelligence:

10 Divine Castigation
    2 Pact of the Faithful
    10 Facile Grace
    1 Divine Recory

Strength:

10 Skull Crack
    10 Bolt of Power
    2 Unwavering Resolve
    1 Steadfast

The last point I personally use for Divine Demonstration for another encounter aoe or Hammer Divine Smite for the knockback for soloing.

The cleric tree is extremely lackluster and Steadfast and Divine Recovery is by far the best stuff you can obtain while capped at 50 AAs.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

This is my build for FG templar that I plan on using

My reasoning:
    • Skull crack difference between rank 2 and 10 are very small on this server and I will benefit more max HP and Focus(can't do damage if you can't hit them)
    • 1 in Divine Demonstration for an encounter nuke
    • Overall my dps will increase by increasing my potency by 9% rather than having 1 spell that has a long cast time hit for 13.5% more.
    Unless of course it takes me days to grind 1 AA then I will be done with this server. I enjoy it but the exp grind is starting to really REALLY friggin wear on me
  4. Dimek Member

Thanks for the tips I will keep both in mind. Feel free to message in game as well ( Name is Xaewin) if ya have any other tips.
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Please don't use 10 points in Pact of the Faithful... I have no idea where that guy gets 9% potency from.

It increases the BASE DAMAGE of your spells by 9%, which is an increases of your divine smite VI by 15, not percentage, just 15.

And yes, you want 10 points in skull crack in Kingdom of Sky because you want as many debuffs as possible, no matter how small they are, they will make a difference in the upcoming raiding tier. Also focus as a whole is extremely lackluster, especially with Steadfast.

Nothing personal, but I hate when people spread false information.
  6. Vunder Well-Known Member

9% to grandmaster spells is massive. It's no "15" i have no idea where you get that number at.
    Here is an example.

Without it my Divine strike (master) (lvl 69 toon I gave up on SH) goes from 1088 tooltip down to 799.
    Without it my Divine Smite (master) goes from 622 down to 503.
    Without it my Smite Corruption goes from 183 down to 124

Thats a huge difference. The change is before potency/AM multiplier so it increases it even more.

Your wand damage and ability to hit is reliant on your focus. SO the higher your focus the higher overall DPS you put out with your wand.

Skull crack is simply not a noticeable debuff in my raid. Id rather not be interrupted and get a heal off, rather than put a tiny debuff that doesn't change anything on spreadsheet crunches.

We have 2 very different play styles, but don't go blabbing about misinformation if it doesn't align to your own play style.