[TLE] Level 80 Spells at Level 80, Not 90

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Captain Obvious, May 21, 2016.

1. Captain Obvious Member

When RoK comes to Stormhold, please let us make our Level 80 Expert spells at Level 80 instead of making us wait two more expansions before we can make these class-defining spells. I know it takes time, effort, and money to change the recipe books. But, it is a small, sensible, and worthwhile effort.

Thank you.
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

This same argument has been trotted out every time TLE goes up a tier. Dev hasn't budged yet. Also it seems like the TLE players have been able to clear all of the content without the "class defining spells" that would of been released at the max level.

So, what makes it more compelling for RoK than previous expansions?
  3. Kekox New Member

It was not impossible to get the spells, you could get the spells as master drops.
    Therefore you don't know if all who cleared it, did it with app1 spells ;-)
    To be able to craft them would decrease the pressure to farming for the spells.
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

Still doesn't address what makes RoK different than the previous tiers. Why should the way Dev does thing change now? You want dev to put in some extra effort, so you gotta go the extra mile and provide better reasons than the same argument that appears every time TLE gains 10 levels.
  5. Captain Obvious Member

Maybe because it a chance for them to right a continuous wrong.

Under your logic, content can be cleared without various abilities, items, or even classes. So, Meirill, why even bother to have them. Just get rid of everything that is not needed to beat your specific benchmark.

Oh wait, that would be as absurd as your suggestion.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Clearly, logic isn't your strong point. If spells are made available, and the crafting books are there, then the ability to create same should be available in game. And let's not confine it to just spells. Just because this has been an incredibly irritating and illogical malfunction in the game doesn't make it correct or acceptable. Or as the saying goes, "stupid is as stupid does."
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

So, let think this through logically. On the TLE servers since DoF was released people have been asking for the max level expert spells to be released just like they were when the expansion was new. Dev have not responded to this argument. The exact same argument is being trotted out again.

Now logically, what is dev's response going to be? How about listening to some honest criticism and come up with a different argument to get what you want?
  8. Meirril Well-Known Member

If that is the best you can do to convince dev to take time away from the next expansion and do something for TLE, I really can't see them making a change based on this thread. But if you want to make absurd and snide counter remarks instead of improving your argument, be my guest.

As for "righting a continuous wrong", the word continuous is probably why nothing is going to change. Dev would have to make the same changes every time the TLE servers vote in a new expansion. Dev apparently doesn't want to commit the resources needed to make the requested change. Dev is very likely focused on the next expansion now, you'll need a fantastic argument and a huge amount of support to get this done. Good luck with that.
  9. Kekox New Member

It was actually a bad design from the beginning to make tiers from 10 to 19 instead of 11 to 20. I allways wondered why they did not change it.
    On every new expansion they had to change recipies, and now it bites back on TLE too.
  10. Deathtognomes New Member

I am on TLE most days. I disagree with fixing the recipes for one simple reason, the farmers(and anyone who can box 3+ toons) will benefit big time. Master prices will skyrocket again. Im talking 3-4 digit prices. Any who can box will farm everything they can for plat, and the more that masters are farmed, the more it will hurt the server economy. Damaged economies means more plat for me, I can set stupidly outrageous prices on everything not just masters.

DBG loves this disparity because it drives Krono purchases up (along with the price of selling Kronos) just so player_001 can buy a master for 600+ plat or trade for 1 Krono. DBG has no idea how to control economies, nor will, it takes too much time to fix anything properly and DBG just wants to push out expacs and anything else for them to make a buck. Its like a slight of hand card trick, DEV = "what's broke?", Player = "Oh look! a shiny new expansion!", DBG = "Cha-ching!!!".

I'm all for the devs not fixing anything on TLE. except the transport system, its one huge clusterf***.
  11. Arandar Well-Known Member

This doesn't make much sense. Because masters are such a minimal upgrade over the expert versions in most cases, enabling players to make experts for level 70 and 80 spells would decrease the demand for those masters overall, not increase it. There are, of course, certain exceptions (summoner pet masters will always be priced into the stratosphere). But for the most players, if they could have a level 70 or 80 expert made for a few plat, that would be good enough.

People are already out there "farming everything the can for plat", for masters, krono, whatever. Having more masters on the broker will cause the price of those masters to drop, not rise. Masters are fungible (any one master is identical to any other master of the same type; there are no mobs that a drop better version of the Decree II master than any other mob) and they are a virtually unlimited resource (there is no limit to the number of masters that may drop on the server). Basic economics means that the more of that particular master that is available for sale, the lower the price will eventually go, and we see that in action every day on the broker right now. Masters that were selling for 100p or more in mid-April are selling for less than 20p today.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The point you appear to refuse to acknowledge isn't about what the devs refuse to do. It's fairly simple. Don't release spells that can't be upgraded or provide recipe books as drops or for sale by merchants for spells that can't be upgraded BECAUSE THE FLIPPIN' MATS aren't available for sometime in the future. They've been doing it for quite a while.
    Murmix likes this.
  13. Lenarr Member

I'm sure there's plenty of us that would be happy to make the edits to fix the recipes the way they originally were, for free even. I can understand not wanting to have separate recipes for live and TLE, but is live really going to care if the lower tier recipes change? I checked my sage on live and the level 99 and 100 experts both use the same rare, as was always the case for a current tier until a higher tier opens up.
  14. Meirril Well-Known Member

That doesn't appear to be a logical argument. It appears to be a rather angry exclamation. It can be taken to mean you want the recipes, or you don't want the spells released, or you want the max level reduced.

Now if you could be more clear in your statements, that would probably help everybody. But since this old topic is coming up again let me take a crack at making an argument and proposing a solution that might actually work for everybody.

Way back when, about 4 years ago actually, dev received a number of complaints that spells using lower tier rare components was bad, because it was harder to obtain the lower tier materials. I've always felt this was an incredibly weak argument, but dev listened. Then began altering the recipes to use the appropriate tier rare materials when they became available. Back then, I said it was a waste of effort, but it made some crafters happy. And here we are today, with all of you unhappy people.

So if Dev could stop fixing the recipes after they are introduced then when the TLE servers reach AoM everything will be fixed! Oh wait. That would take years wouldn't it? So as a proposal to fix things, lets propose that the x0 recipes be altered to accept either the lower tier or upper tier materials and fuel as the components. This way it should satisfy all of the interested parties, and require slightly less work. This also means the recipes for x0 spells will have to drop from the appropriate end tier mobs.

I don't think dev is going to be willing to do this, but if it gets enough support they might have some time after Christmas to do something about TLE's concerns.