TLE Itemisation Feedback

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Vuetee, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Vuetee Member

Just wanted to drop my 2c in as that's what we were told to do in the discord.

Endgame gear not suitable
    The relic gear sets should be the BiS gear for this expansion. About 90% of the items are not worth wearing due to the lack of ability mod (or Max HP for tanks). Easy solution: Put 42/44 ab mod on each of these items (or equivalent max HP for tanks). Think this should probably be applied to heroic gear too (not for everything though - having some chain items with MA/Flurry and plate items with ab mod would help mix things up a bit).

Some slots don't have appropriate gear at all
    I couldn't find a 2nd charm worth having - is that right? Or are there some items missing from the vendor. There are some classes slots where MC gear will be BiS for most (if not all) of the xpac. MC should be the minimum, the starting point... not irreplacable. Solution: Revisit some items that don't have Ab Mod and put it on there.

In short, as the TLE game has pretty much become about ability mod, the itemisation should probably be more aligned with it. A more enjoyable approach would be to have other stats actually worth stacking, but as that would require a mechanical overhaul at this point I'm just trying to present what would be viable in the 4-5 days we have.

Thanks.
    Bekkr likes this.
  2. Vlad_the_Impaler New Member

I agree with your above assessment.

Depends on the class, but for non-tanks I think most people were probably using the collection turn-in item Corruption of Elements in conjunction with that Negation one with 28AB mod as far as charms go. Think the tanks have two +Max Health ones dropping from regular instance named, cannot recall if both have the 1.9 or if one of them is only 1.6 - not at home to log in to double check.

I know I very recently decided to break down and do that Trader questline to get the +Max Health chest piece so I now have a +Max Health item in every slot, though some of those pieces are only rated as 'treasured'. I don't want to call mitigation useless, but it was a night and day difference swapping from a Guardian tank at this stage in the game to a Paladin one when similarly geared there is like a 3k difference in health.

It would be nice to have at least one end item / raid piece for the different roles, which with how the current go-to stat breakdowns sit would just be some plate and leather pieces with +Max Health and then everything else +ABMod at this point in the game. After filling the mules with the latest tier of Fabled gear to Transmute later on the rest is literally vendor fodder.
  3. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

And this is where everyone stops taking you seriously.

You do realize that you are advocating, for completely random and not even a low % chance of armor that drops off TRASH mobs as BEST IN SLOT????? Wowowowowowowowow.

No. So a chest piece the contested x4s drop or items from Tarinax should be SECOND AND WORSE than TRASH MOBS DROPS?

Absolutely insane.