[TLE] Grouping while leveling

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Logic, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Logic New Member

I'm strongly considering giving EQ2 a go for the first time when the new TLE server launches and am wondering if I can expect to easily get groups while leveling up assuming I start on launch day. From what I've been reading, there is almost zero grouping that occurs while leveling up in the live environment and the entire process is really a purely solo experience. I do like the ability to solo when my schedule doesn't permit me to group, but for me the ideal ratio of grouping to solo play is something like 80% grouping to 20% solo.

If leveling is more of the grind quests out solo while maybe running a dungeon once or twice with a couple of random people that never talk to each other, I probably won't waste my time and will just focus on EQ1's Selo server that launches on the same day since group based gameplay is really what I enjoy out of this genre and I know I'll get that with EQ1. Would just really be nice to play a game I've never played before, so really keeping my fingers crossed that grouping is popular and an effienet way to level on a brand new TLE environment.

I plan on playing one of the tank classes (SK or Pally), or MAYBE a healer of some kind if that makes any difference.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

EQ2 is a great game, played it for over 13 years, still love it.

The best bet for grouping is to find a group of people you get along with, if you start on day 1 find a friend, and then another. Get into a guild I'm sure people will start one. That way you will be grouping with the same people every day. Otherwise the only other choice is PUGS which it sounds like you don't care for. Guilds can be a lot of fun if with the right people, we used to group up every night and pick a zone or 2 to do.

I hope you decide to play, SK and Pally's are both great choices.

Good luck and welcome to EQ2 :)
    Cyrrena, Saw-Lau and Molly like this.
  3. Logic New Member

Thanks for the reply! I should clarify that I do not have anything against PUGs at all. What I don't like is the dungeon finder style of pugs that WoW currently has in place where 5 random people are teleported into an instance together and then speed run through it in 5 mins without a single word ever being said, or strategy being discussed. And then one wipe occurs and everybody just leaves the group without saying anything because they can just queue back up and be back in a dungeon with a whole new group within a couple of minutes.
    Cyrrena and Saw-Lau like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ah I see well then you should have no worries, if you're playing the normal game. We used to have battlegrounds which was similar to that.
    Cyrrena and Saw-Lau like this.
  5. Fistpower Well-Known Member

When a new TLE server opens, you will most likely spend very little time finding people for the first month or two across all level ranges.

Playing a fighter or priest will obviously shorten your search time and if you are proactive it will take no time at all.

I have played on both stormhold and fallen gate and if u form your own groups I have never waited more than 15 minutes to get the grind going just after a TLE launched.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Saw-Lau like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The higher you get in levels and when you start running instances with scripts the more the tank types will be in demand. Like Breanna said, from day 1 when you hit the Island, start making friends and contacts, try and make at least 5 friends that are the same alignment as you, good or evil, then you can form your own guild, after that you can accept any alignment. Be proactive, do not wait for them to find you, go and find them, even standing at the Island docks if you have quested yourself out for a while and need a break or are ready to move on will get you new people coming off the boat, well, I don't think its right on the dock, I think its just inside the arch, just remember where you appear after you leave the boat and return there.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Logic New Member

Thanks for the replies everybody! I've decided to definitely give the game a go on the new TLE server and really looking forward to it. See you all in game!
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.