[TLE] EoF Beta Lifeburn Broken

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by agosborne, Mar 25, 2016.

1. agosborne Member

Lifeburn isn't working properly at all. At my health 14,731 when casting...cap is lesser of 530k (18 dmg per hp X 2946 {hp of mine that is supposed to burning (none burning cause it's broken)} X 10 ticks over the ten seconds) or 60% of mobs health (his total HP is about 56k so 33.6k cap) and the lifeburn does the full 10 ticks for 17,790 in my ACT which is about 32% of his max life instead of 60%...also it obviously not doing 20% damage to me per tick/second....its maybe doing 1% or nothing at all...there is no damage in my combat log from Lifeburn to me but it does look like that my health is going down barely up in the hp bar. Please fix Lifeburn so that it does the correct damage to the mobs and to the casters. Thank you.
  2. agosborne Member

Caith said:
    “The health that Lifeburn takes is capped by the damage it can do. So if the mob had 10,000 health, you could only do a total of 6,000 with Lifeburn. There are 11 damage events in Lifeburn, so each damage event can at most do 545. Since each point of damage costs 18 health, each damage event would cost 30 HP. Your maximum HP does not change that value.

As for why you are seeing a lower damage value then you expected, you are not accounting for the mitigation that TLE encounters have. While you are dealing 1779 per tick in the video, that is after mitigation.”
  3. agosborne Member

Thanks Caith---appreciate the response!! I understand that it's the lessor of 60% of mobs health when its a lower level mob without much health or for higher health mobs---the caster's HP x 36 for easy math (18 dmg per hp X .2 {my 20% life being drained} X 10 ticks assuming you get them all off). I know that the tool tip reads something along the lines of "hits instantly and every second for 10 seconds" but there are zero fights where there are 11 damage events in my ACT...it always only hits 10 times. Here's one picture of ACT and I have a million others if you want to see:

http://imgur.com/coo4NWh

Makes sense though on why my HP didn't go down---went and tested on some higher HP mobs and it was doing the full 20% damage to me per tick, so that's awesome...thanks for that explanation.

"As for why you are seeing a lower damage value then you expected, you are not accounting for the mitigation that TLE encounters have. While you are dealing 1779 per tick in the video, that is after mitigation.”

That 1179 per tick is 50% of what it would be with zero mitigation----so there is a 50% mitigation on the beta it seems. On the live TLE--here are a few average direct damage hits vs what the tooltip says it will hit for respectively:

Theurgonist Detonation -- 3151 average and tip reads 2760-4460
    Bloodcloud -- 2092 average and tips reads 2330
    Lifetap -- 2159 average and tip reads 2643
    and so on etc etc---not even close to 50% mit.

Here's the ACT for averages for a heroic zone on live TLE where I'm getting these numbers:

http://imgur.com/rdJnSot

Does the mitigation go up exponentially the higher the nuke?? Or is the mitigation on beta just that much different than live TLE?? If it is that different, can we please get it fixed to reflect what it actually is on live TLE please so we can look at legit data and can give better feeback??
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

Or just fix the ability info, tooltips, etc. to reflect the actual values on TLE. Because math. You see the same issue come up with heals frequently in chat. A lot of people don't seem to know about the reduced healing, increased mob mitigation and so on.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea everything on TLS is nerved damage, healing, xp and such to make killing mobs more challenging and to slow down the leveling so you get the feel of how the game worked at the beginning