{TLE} Bruiser, oh lord..

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Tharrakor, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I've been forcing myself to play a bruiser for almost 17 lvls now. It's always been one of my favorite classes. So far tho I am very far from impressed, I suck at soloing and I would assume I will suck at tanking aswell being this squishy. My dps is laughable with me just waiting for my next autoattack to hit. Will this change? Anyone has any higher lvl bruisers?
  2. Gilasil Active Member

I've got a bruiser at about that level. The only thing which made it bearable was to spend every copper on the broker for better gear. I especially took time on my weapons. I didn't want too long a timer since, as you mentioned, you can end up waiting forever for it to cycle. Too short and it's harder to get CAs in between swings. I manated to do a little tanking and I wasn't too horrible, but not great either.

That was kinda the best I could do though. Just get the best gear I could manage. Good advice for anyone really.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  3. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Not... Really... You do get an instant mob killer at 35 which had it's cooldown lowered dramatically since release in Devastation Fist.

Bruisers are not fun in my opinion until AAs are out atleast. Which happened to be when I started playing luckily, That and bruiser stuns lasted much longer on release so you could do decent stunlocking on mobs.

Most of the bruiser tricks and awesome comes in the KoS era I fear.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah such a shame. Thanks guys
  5. Aaramis New Member

Yeah, the tank classes have some issues on TLE right now unfortunately. The dps boost from auto-attack and blue stat items is mostly offset by the recent mitigation nerf, and the changes to mob health for TLE.

Aside from SKs, and to an extent Berserkers, most of the tanks are VERY slow to solo, especially if you've levelled one of the easier TLE classes (Necro, Conj, Ranger, SK, etc.).

Stick with it, IMO. Once you get more and more blue stats in your 20+ life, dps improves *a little*. But there's a reason there aren't many Bruisers - they're somewhat lacking pre-AAs.
  6. evsbat New Member

I'm having the same problem on the berserker at level 20.
    It feels like I'm wearing paper and not plate and I'm having to wait until I greatly outlevel any solo instance quest stuff as if they throw 3-4 blue mobs at me I'm toast.
  7. Boli Active Member

amusingly this is exactly how my pally played in the original game.

against green heroics he had 100% avoidance - and I ran out of power in around 20seconds so I used to autoattack them to death in around 5min for 0.05% XP each (was around 20 per XP percent - you didn't have 0.x% displayed just yet)

I went to the shop once when I was attacking a green con scion in stormhold (epic) and 20min later he had taken a couple of hits but was still going so I cast lay on hands and continued.

and sadly ~20% mitigation was the norm as well back then; only adjusted (although completely the other way like 5% avoidance) in DoF and the LU13 patch.
  8. Daghammer Member

I have a somewhat related problem on my monk.
    It's not the soloing or dps specifically I mind but holding agro.

I tanked the PQ yesterday at 21. I grabbed agro no problem and held it thru my rotation and a bit longer than that. But then I lost agro to a conj pet. He was a level higher than me but still...
    I hit everything I had as fast as it came off cooldown but I couldn't yank agro back.

This discouraged me a lot, do I really want to level my brawler all the way up and find myself out-tanked by a pet?
    At level 21 I was in mostly 12 mc armor but my CAs were all expert and my weapons were lvl 20 legendaries from the PQs.

Please, someone tell me that at higher levels this gets better and brawlers don't have a problem keeping agro once they establish it.
  9. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I don't know man honestly on the TLE servers, tanks are weak as ****. In your case particular I just wanna point out that you dont have your main threat generator yet. It's called Dragon rage and u get it at 28. It's a buff that has a chance to proc taunts when u attack with a very high proc rate. So yeah aggro will get better. Even better when they unlock first AA tree, AE aggro especially wich is a nightmare on brawlers right now.
  10. Daghammer Member

Thanks, that's kind of what I wanted to hear.
    I overlooked Dragon Rage. Now at least I can look forward to it getting a little better.
    That's enough to keep me leveling, brawlers are pretty fun to play.
  11. Heccie Thump Member

Hang on a minute! Being a devout bruiser I assumed the monk CA Dragon Rage would be the direct equal of our Manhandle (trigger 5 times a minute, increases threat with a small damage component) so I looked it up. I noticed that the monk verion does not have any damage component but generates double the aggro. Fair enough.

Now can someone please explain to me why Dragon Rage triggers 10 times a minute, while Manhandle only triggers 5 times a minute? This is another example of bruisers getting the shaft. I never noticed it before but this makes me a little bit angry.
  12. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Cuz they like to **** all over bruisers?
  13. Koko Well-Known Member

During early ToV fighter taunts had their base values quadrupled (alongside some other changes, such as their scaling and resists). This did not influence all fighters uniformly. The damage/threat tradeoff of manhandle vs. dragon stance was comparable before the "revamp".
  14. Lucifuge New Member

It boils down to Daybreak told us we would get a like live original launch feel, I call ********. They did absolutely no class balancing. Left several classes bugged beyond any use Bruiser being one( agro is beyond broken on them, lazy Daybreak again). Many quests you cannot even work on because they require zones we have no access too. Lots of loot that is completely useless requiring a class you cannot play yet or a tradeskill not even in the game yet. The griffin towers .. one of the best original live quests to unlock them isn't even in the game ..wth lazy Daybreak. They essentially left the game with pet classes completely wayyyy overpowered doing the highest dps by far....which was not live like at all. Hell they can AFK exp grind. Just park somewhere with pet out, walk away and exp lvl away with no need at all to look at your screen.

Daybreak should have hired the team of fellas that run Project 1999 they would have atleast done the job right. So sadly disappointed in the complete lack of care for your work.
  15. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Uhm, no....they didn't.
  16. Feyero New Member

IMO brawlers are the best tanks on TLE. Last night in a Darathar raid I watched a bruiser quite easily MT after a pally got wiped multiple times. Brawlers' high avoidance is key. With buffs you can get a brawlers mit up close to a plate tank's, but you can't really get a plate tanks avoidance up to a brawler's with buffs.

I have a 45 monk (also raided for 3 years on live as MT with a monk) and have not had any problems tanking at all. Maybe at lvl 17 it could be slightly difficult? Just make sure you keep your gear upgraded and that you get the expert or masters for your taunts while lvl'ing up. I also make sure to buy weapons that have a threat generator proc to help with aggro.

As for AE aggro, brawlers have to make sure to tab target through the encounter hitting each mob to keep aggro.
  17. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Hello guys, just noticed that this thread is still alive. I deleted that bruiser on Stormhold tho I couldn't restrain myself for long and made another one on Deathtoll currently lvl 26, I will agreed that it's getting better and better with more and more dps mod. He is actually very fun now. I also have a few good CAs to look forward to in the 30s. Uppercut, sucker punch, dev fist and fear for example. I had forgotten that bruisers are late bloomers. I do play bruiser on end game on AB but it had been years since I played one on low lvls, even longer since I played bruiser without AA points, but back then avoidance was king and SKs sucked :p. True Story!

Anyway, as Corydon was saying, we will flourish with KoS as brawlers first tree is very strong and the higher lvl we get the better we get. We are not like SKs who gets spoiled with juicy stuff on low lvls.

I might however betray during DoF and enjoy Tsunami for a bit :)
  18. Dartan New Member

How are bruisers doing on DPS in your raid?